5.0 out of 5 stars Down to This, July 25 2011
This review is from: Down to This: Squalor and Splendour in a Big-City Shantytown (Paperback)
The book itself was outstanding. I had to read it for a class, and put it off as long as I could, but I found myself saddened when I reached the end.

The condition of the book was much better than I anticipated, seeing as how I bought it used for next to nothing.

I am 100% satisfied with the book, the supplier, and the website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and authentic, June 14 2005
A page turner, this book takes you right inside the phenomenon that Toronto's Tent City was. The author isn't so much of an anthropologist as a participant. The story is as much his personal story as it is the story of his neighbours in Tent City. The only thing I had trouble with is that sense of spying on these people. Reading this felt almost like intruding upon their private lives. All in all, however, a great read, especially for Torontonians, or those interested in poverty activism, harm reduction, psychology or sociology.

Down to This: Squalor and Splendour in a Big-City Shantytown
Down to This: Squalor and Splendour in a Big-City Shantytown by Shaughnessy Bishop-Stall (Paperback - March 8 2005)
CDN$ 22.00 CDN$ 15.88