Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide Kindle

Format: PaperbackChange

on October 25, 2005
I picked this book up because I was running for a plane and needed something to keep my occupied on my flight. Were it not for that fateful plane ride, I never would have picked this book up; and probably been better off for it.
The premise of the book is that Dave Gorman, the author, goes on a round the world mission to locate people who are responsible for googlewacks. And for those of you who don't know, a googlewack is when you type in a search term to Google and the search engine only returns one hit. Gorman made it his mission to travel about visiting the people who were responsible for generating these webpages.
From a pure travelogue stand-point, I found the book interesting. But from a humour standpoint, the market at which Gorman is targeting the book, I found it appalling. While Gorman might have a good career as a standup comedian, his literary humour leaves something to be desired.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse