biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on August 28, 2004
No Muppet fan should be without this book.Total history of how the muppets began.How the muppets really got started,nothing at all like the way it was portrayed in The Muppet Movie of course.Though it only goes up to the release of A Muppet Christmas Carol,it' still worth it for any major muppet fan,with some of the best behind-the-scenes photographs ever seen.
on December 28, 2003
A must have gem for any die hard Jim Henson fan. This book is rich and loaded with information and pictures on the evolution of Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson's life. From SAM AND FRIENDS to COMMERCIAL SHORTS (Wilkins Coffee and La Choy Chow Mein) to SESAME STREET. That's not all there's great stuff on THE MUPPET SHOW, including an entire page of small pictures of all 250 Guest Stars with songs and pictures and skits from the shows. From THE MUPPET MOVIE to LABYRINTH to FRAGGLE ROCK to so much more, you will want to read it over and over again. Something to share with your young one's over the years as well.
BUY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT! Rest in peace, Jim Henson! You were THE genius!
on November 17, 1998
I am so sorry that I could not put in 5 million stars. I go to the library everyday and read this book while awaiting to be picked up, and I never get tired of it, this is the BEST book there is, it tells you everything with awesome pictures to go with it, I can't say enough about this book, its the BEST. I am hoping to join the Muppet clan ASAP. I can't wait, the Muppets are the best invention anyone has ever come up with. Jim Henson is the best person in the world, and I only wish I could thank him for all the things he has done for me and everyone else.
on March 30, 2000
This book is absolutely incredible! Every page is bursting with the zany creativity that Jim Henson inspires in us all. This book is well-worth the price for the photos alone -- everything from early obsure works to Sesame Street to my hero, Kermit the Frog. The text is engaging, informative and full of interesting stories behind the movies and tv shows that have made so many of us laugh. If you are part of the Muppet generation like me you will especially appreciate the fond memories this book brings back.
on July 4, 1997
This book is a must-have for any fan of Henson's work, be it with the Children's Television Workshop (Sesame Street) or in his various Muppet television shows and movies. Beautifully photographed and lovingly written, this book would make the perfect gift for anyone with a love of pure imagination and magic. Life is a journey filled with the wonder of discovery, and Jim Henson was a visionary who helped us all to find the "Kermit" in ourselves
on December 2, 2002
It's all here! This book is perfect for the Henson fan who wants to learn more about Jim Henson's beginnings or his movies or anywhere inbetween. Full of great pictures and insights. I love this book!
The world lost a great one when you died Jim, You are missed. Thank you for all you gave us!
on September 8, 2000
I grew up on Jim Henson's Muppets as did many, many others. This book shows so much of Henson's life (he was cute!) and the legacy of the Muppets. From Sam and Friends to Seasame Street to Labyrinth and so many other wonderful works. The behind the scene stories are wonderful (I especially like the story of the pipe closet). I also like the pages from The Muppet Show that show every guest on the show. I know this review sounds like a lot of fluff, but this is Jim Henson I'm talking about. I can't imagine my life without his creations.
on February 22, 2000
This book is unbelievable. Its loaded with information things you never knew about Jim Henson and the rest of his company. From "Sam and Friends" to the TV show "Dinosaurs" this book is a sure thing to give you your needed information on the greatest puppeteer ever. Definetely go out and buy it.
on March 16, 1999
Christopher Finch does a great job of detailing Jim Henson's life. He includes colorful pictures and stories about Henson from his colleagues and friends. "Jim Henson The Works" always keeps your interest by containing interesting and fun sidebars. Every Muppet fan should read this book.
on August 14, 2001
This book is a must-read for all Jim Henson fans! This book tells Jim's life story from his early days working on a local puppet show to the Muppet's 3D movie for Disney. Jim Henson had an amazing life and he lives on in the characters he created for us.