5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!
Such skill with words, the author took me there and thoroughly entertained me. Also made me hungry! A great story!
Published 3 months ago by Terry Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars A sweet taste of France
This being my first entry into the world of travel memoirs, I'm not sure how A Year in Provence compares. However, my uninitiated opinion is that of a pleasant surprise. I thought this book was very well written; a nice and light story; and a tempting depiction of rural France and all its glorious food, festivals and residents.
A Year in Provence is written in...
Published on June 29 2001 by Dianna Setterfield

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, April 21 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful glimpse, Jan. 27 2014
A lighthearted whimsical look at life in a wonderful place. Makes you want to go. An easy read but a great journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearingly Funny!, Sept. 30 2013
This review is from: A Year in Provence (Paperback)
I read this book before, during, and after we toured Provence and absolutely loved it. It's one of those books one keeps to read again when one feels nostalgic about this magical part of France. Mr. Mayle's humor, his gentle yet pointed observations of the various French characters he meets and deals with, not to mention welcome and sometimes UNwelcome guests, his descriptions of the countryside, the towns,they all come together to make wonderful, cheerful reading. I love all his books that I have read so far, including "Anything Considered" another favorite, and "TouJours Provence" which I am saving to read when I go on vacation!

The fact that I have loved Provence, and in fact, all of France, from the get-go has certainly influence my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great, April 2 2013
This review is from: A Year in Provence (Paperback)
It's and older book, but is an easy read, and very humorous and well written. It's one of those laugh out loud books!

4.0 out of 5 stars The French and food?, March 8 2013
This review is from: A Year in Provence (Paperback)
Funny and very well written. The way Peter Mayle describes how the French have this love affair with food is hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Year in Provence, Feb. 9 2013
This review is from: A Year in Provence (Paperback)
My friends who live in Provence invited me to visit and hopefully I will do just that this coming summer. I will have a very good knowledge of their habits and therefore will know how to behave. Very very good reading.
I will certainly read Peter Mayle,s other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Light Humourously Written Read, Jan. 27 2013
I have read this book once already in soft cover. I decided after a lot of years that I wanted to read it again but found it easier to read on my IPad so I purchased the online version. It puts you in a place that we only dream of, the south of France and the dry humor & wit of Peter Mayle takes you through an amazing journey of life renovations & makes you laugh out loud and yearn to have the same experience. One day....;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to move!, Feb. 11 2004
Hank (Eugene, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Year in Provence (Paperback)
A wonderful read that I continue to share with friends and family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, Feb. 17 2011
S. Lavigne (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Year in Provence (Paperback)
This book relates the "memoires" of an English couple for the first year following their acquisition of a villa in Provence. The writing style of the author is very light, humorous and enjoyable. Perfect book for anyone looking for an easy read and light entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice escape, March 9 2009
Caley Tse (Edmonton, AB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Year In Provence (Hardcover)
I thought that this book was like a beautiful and humorous journey with Mayle and his wife as they begin to settle in their new home and country. It is full of interesting local characters and Mayle paints each with descriptive prose that ignites the imagination. I am glad to own this book and I will read it again in future when I need a little mental vacation.

A Year in Provence
A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle (Paperback - June 4 1991)
CDN$ 16.95 CDN$ 12.24