5.0 out of 5 stars I'll be buying more Phillip Dick novels...
This is my first Phillip K. Dick novel, and in my opinion "Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said" deserves high praise. For starters, it wins the fight against one of the most difficult opponents that a sci-fi novel could face: Cliché. Simply put, this story is based on an overused plot-the man who loses his identity and struggles to regain a sense of self. Cliche is a...
Published on June 21 2004 by Eric D. Knapp

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange and psychedelic book.
From the beginning this book reads like a drug induced hallucination. Jason Taverner loses his identity and finds himself caught in limbo in a controlled police state where those without papers are criminals. Can he get back to his reality, or did his reality ever actually exist. Are all his memories simply a narcotic trip that has ended?
In case you are wondering...
Published on April 30 2003 by Sailoil

2.0 out of 5 stars Generic sci-fi novel with no character, June 23 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
Flow My Tears, this is how I felt after completing this novel. The book was dry, and boring. It was a complete failure compared to Dicks other works. The characters were barely described and the plot was resolved all too quickly in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ender wiggen Raves about Phillip K. Dicks masterpiece., March 28 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
Jason Taverners a talkshow host one day and a bum on the street. Piece the story back together. Dont give up.

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting but painful read, July 14 2004
JayMack (Western Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
I find PKD's ideas fascinating, thought-provoking, "far-out," you-name-it. He was clearly a cutting edge thinker. However, his writing here is so god-aweful, I could not summon the will power to slog through this book. The exposition was so heavy-handed and the dialogue so cheesy I had to stop. When he wrote of a Rolls Royce skyflyer(a rocket of some sort, apparently) that its engine "idled throbbingly," I nearly flung the book (frustratedly?) across the room. I then picked up VALIS. So far, much better. I'm looking for a pun involving "Dick" and "throbbingly" but my kid is crying for dada. Help anyone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read the last chapter!, July 7 2004
This review is from: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
That is the only part of the book that I did not like. My favorite, as with all PKD books, are the characters themselves.
The characters are so deep I felt like I knew them. As in real life good characters do bad things and visa-versa, unlike some authors who manage to pigen whole their characters into pure good or evil. They only want to be themselves even if they aren't sure of who that is.
If you like to contemplate a book after finishing it, then this is a book for you.
If your stupid, Amazon has a wide variety of Riddick inspired merchandise for you.

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick (Paperback - June 29 1993)
Used & New from: CDN$ 4.46