5.0 out of 5 stars I'll be buying more Phillip Dick novels...
This is my first Phillip K. Dick novel, and in my opinion "Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said" deserves high praise. For starters, it wins the fight against one of the most difficult opponents that a sci-fi novel could face: Cliché. Simply put, this story is based on an overused plot-the man who loses his identity and struggles to regain a sense of self. Cliche is a...
Published on June 21 2004 by Eric D. Knapp

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange and psychedelic book.
From the beginning this book reads like a drug induced hallucination. Jason Taverner loses his identity and finds himself caught in limbo in a controlled police state where those without papers are criminals. Can he get back to his reality, or did his reality ever actually exist. Are all his memories simply a narcotic trip that has ended?
In case you are wondering...
Published on April 30 2003 by Sailoil

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, weird, wonderful, Oct. 7 1997
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
"Flow my tears" is a sad, moving, very personal story by one of the world's Science Fiction greats. It is an adventure, a love story and a Science Fiction tour de force. In one of his favourite themes Dick has taken an idea originated by the philosopher Kant, and expanded it into a story. Simplified Kant reasoned that an individual experiences two universes, the common one (Koinos Cosmos) and a personal one (Einos Cosmos). The common cosmos could be a sum of all personal cosmoses, plus reality. (Don't blame Kant for this, I'm oversimplifying.) Dick extrapolates from there: What if one person's cosmos is disproportionately influential in the perception of the common cosmos? and what if that person is insane? or on drugs? The universe could well become a very weird place. Dick's huge intellect, experiences with drugs (especially LSD) and often unhappy personal life come together to make a hugely involving novel which has to be counted among the very best of the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Science-fiction with a broken heart, & a tear in its eye.", Oct. 5 1996
By A Customer
Ce commentaire est de: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
Written straight from Philip K. Dick's broken and wandering heart, this is one of the genre's best, and saddest, books. Instead of clanking heavy-metal robotics, quantum theory, or brave new worlds, Dick offers up our future peopled by fragile humans, all looking for love. It is impossible to read this book, and not feel Phil's heart breaking as he wrote every beautiful word

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting but painful read, July 14 2004
JayMack (Western Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
I find PKD's ideas fascinating, thought-provoking, "far-out," you-name-it. He was clearly a cutting edge thinker. However, his writing here is so god-aweful, I could not summon the will power to slog through this book. The exposition was so heavy-handed and the dialogue so cheesy I had to stop. When he wrote of a Rolls Royce skyflyer(a rocket of some sort, apparently) that its engine "idled throbbingly," I nearly flung the book (frustratedly?) across the room. I then picked up VALIS. So far, much better. I'm looking for a pun involving "Dick" and "throbbingly" but my kid is crying for dada. Help anyone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read the last chapter!, July 7 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (Paperback)
That is the only part of the book that I did not like. My favorite, as with all PKD books, are the characters themselves.
The characters are so deep I felt like I knew them. As in real life good characters do bad things and visa-versa, unlike some authors who manage to pigen whole their characters into pure good or evil. They only want to be themselves even if they aren't sure of who that is.
If you like to contemplate a book after finishing it, then this is a book for you.
If your stupid, Amazon has a wide variety of Riddick inspired merchandise for you.

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick (Paperback - June 29 1993)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.30