5.0 out of 5 stars Small but powerful book
By now, there's little dispute about "Gatsby" being the classic that it is. And if you're not a fan, if nothing else, you didn't have to invest a great amount of time inthe book, for it is not long. But the character of Jay Gatsby is quite unique. Jay Gatsby loves without judgment, without conquest or need. The sad irony is that the object of such noble...
Published on March 28 2006 by Eric L. Neggilfan

3.0 out of 5 stars an american classic
this was very good reading and I enjoyed it very much. I recommend it to anyone interested in an American classic
Published 13 months ago by Donna lee

‹ Previous | 1 2 385 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich story, June 2 2005
Monica (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
"The Great Gatsby" is one of the most exquisite books I have ever read to date that deals with most if not all aspects of love and the challenges of life. There is so much to learn especially for us in this modern world where so many people use the word "love" without really knowing what it truly means. The author is so descriptive that I sometimes felt as if I was in the story. He made it easy for readers to penetrate the souls of the characters and relate to their lives.
The character development is prodigious, while prose is outstanding. I felt as much for Gatsby as I have for any other character. He had always had high aspirations, but his dreams were taken away from him by the fact the he had to fight a war, and he could never be the same again. Gatsby's ambition is to have his former love, who is now married to an unfaithful husband, a quest that saw outstanding twist and turns in the story to make it the great read we have heard so much about. This book is truly inspirational for everyone irrespective of race, gender, age or occupation.Recommended stories are DISCIPLES OF FORTUNE, THE USURPER AND OTHERS, THE SCARLET LETTER, WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS, in the sense that they go to add to this rich theme

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap production values, Feb. 27 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Paperback)
the book is cheaply bound out of cheap materials, I love this book, i'm not questioning the ideological content of the book but the material base that makes the physical copy of this book is low quality.

I suggest going to a local bookstore and get a hardcover copy with hi quai paper that will last longer. unless you really don't care and just want a quick fix to read the book! in that case I would suggest going online and downloading a free pdf (Which is easily available), or, if you don't like reading so much on screens, go to a used bookstore and get a copy for like $6 rather than like $20.

reserving judgement is a matter of infinite hope.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring Read, March 31 2014
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
I did not enjoy this book - the story drags. I had to put it down for days before I'd pick it up again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality! And great read., March 24 2014
D. K-P "DK" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Wonderful book! I saw Thomadis and thought I would read the book. The book itself is very beautiful, as oer the design of the cover. The ink is clear, no smudging on tho ages from ink.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic that sustains it's power throughout time., Feb. 1 2014
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
A five star classic - I'd forgotten the power of Fitzgerald's words. Beauty and pain in the unfolding of this epic story.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book is not just The Grat Gatsby. Tampered product., Jan. 12 2014
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this book looking for 'The Great Gatsby', and what I got was 'The Great Gatsby' along with George Orwell's 1984 included and hidden under the book cover. Now the book is ruined by obvious tampering and completely ruined. This book version is total garbage. Both stories are probably even corrupt by design, word. I hope Amazon removes this to ensure the real book can be purchased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gatsby, Jan. 1 2014
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
I appreciate being drawn in on the first page. I love to jump right into a book and not feel duty bound to read until my interest is captured. I haven't read anything else by Fitzgerald and now I'm looking forward to seeking him out. I was tremendously disappointed by the recent movie and if I'd seen it first I would have forgone reading the novel. Fortunately, it was on our book club list. The ending was unexpected, yet a satisfying conclusion. All in all..a good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection Book, Dec 23 2013
K. Wright "Advocate" (Toronto, On) - See all my reviews
I read this book in high school, didn't pay much attention to it then, but re-read now and love it. Now I understand it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, Dec 11 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Paperback)
I bought this book for my granddaughter. Her eyes lit up and she hugged and kissed me so, yes, I'd say it was worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars The Great Gatsby, Dec 1 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
Ok reading, but overall, a disappointment. Would not suggest buying this one. Movie was better than book, and it is
usually the opposite.

‹ Previous | 1 2 385 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa9c9ba8c)

The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Paperback - June 1 1995)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01