5.0 out of 5 stars Great Golf Advice
Full of wonderful tips and very easy to read. Thanks so much to Ken for recommending to me! Let's play!
Published 4 months ago by Mary Joy

2.0 out of 5 stars book review
Nice story, but I was hoping for more instruction, and less old time stories. If you are looking for a book to help with your golf, this is not likely your best choice. I you are looking for story time, you may like it.
Published 11 months ago by Dennis Hryhor

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++++++, Aug. 12 2000
This review is from: Harvey Penick's Little Red Book : Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf (Paperback)
As a new golfer I found this book to be extremely helpful. Direct and to the point. A definite "must read".

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic book on a life in golf and learning the game., June 27 2000
By A Customer
This book is a classic, and should be on every golfer's shelf. Penick uses simple metaphors for how the swing should feel to teach in a simple yet incredibly effective manner. His instruction on bunker/sand shots alone is worth the cost of the book. You will not be dissapointed with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me back into the game, May 27 2000
I stopped playing golf for about 10 years because I had a vicious slice. I mean vicious. I went to several PGA teachers, who were no help. One day, I picked up this book, and his "Magic Move" showed me why I slice. I fixed my swing based upon this book and the video, and am now back to playing again. Bye, bye slice. Absolutely amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a teacher of golf, April 11 2000
Harvey Penick was a man that is hard to find in this day and age. He was kind, couteous,believed in God, was faithful to his wife, and did not complain when life got tough for him. You will learn a lot of golf in "simple" ways that you can understand without having to read a thesis about the swing. That is why Harvey Penick was so successful and why every decent golfer wanted a lesson from him. Some day I would love to meet him. You will shed a tear when you finish reading his 4 books. You will wish there was more. You will be a better golfer, but a much better person if you live life as Harvey Penick did.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's All You Need -- Give your other golf books away, April 7 2000
By A Customer
If you've played golf for a while and are always loooking for improvements, your mind can become over-cluttered from reading instructions from magazines and books, not to mention tips from your Saturday buddies. Give all that away. Buy the Little Red Book. Read and enjoy. Then read and study. Study again and again. It is pure health for your mind and game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was I doing before I read this book?, March 2 2000
By A Customer
I had been playing what I thought was golf for more than 25 years before reading this book. Some of the most basic methods to play shots well are described in this book. The methods are written in a style clear as fresh water. A quick, easy read that will open your eyes, help your game, and make you understand what so many others have said about this great teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only golf book you'll ever need!, Feb. 19 2000
Need I say more? I don't think so, but I will say one more thing... read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and helpful, Aug. 9 1999
By A Customer
Maybe it's a coincidence, but I lost 10 strokes off my game during the week I read this book and put it into my practice routine. If you will actually practice the drills in this book your game will improve. If nothing else, it's entertaining reading!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much information for the beginning golfer., May 28 1999
By A Customer
I understand that people will look at this and think of is as enjoyable but there are so many ideas of how to improve your game as to make it confusing. I would not suggest this book to a golfer unless he can already shoot in the high 80's or low 70's consistently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest golf book ever!, April 20 1999
By A Customer
Harvy doesn't explain the swing in a boring manner as most instructors do. Simple stories about real life people. After reading the red book I couldn't wait until the green and blue books were available to buy! No one does it as well as Harvy did!

ARRAY(0xc1f673a8)