5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest books ever written on golf
Yes....that's right....I said it is one of the greatest books ever written on golf and I stand by that....I first read it years ago, and ya know when I read it most recently? Last week! My golf game was struggling...anyone who plays knows there is so much technical jargon to think about, and once all these thoughts enter your head, you're done for! That's where the...
Published on June 25 2003 by Brian Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars It shipped fast and was a good price. This book is
I heard much about this book and finally decided to purchase it. It shipped fast and was a good price. This book is, however, geared towards the right handed golfer. There are many useful tips that require mental manipulation to apply to the lefty golfer like myself. Also, there are a lot of references to people saying things rather than tips directly. Makes the read...
Published 13 days ago by moose

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was I doing before I read this book?, March 1 2000
By A Customer
I had been playing what I thought was golf for more than 25 years before reading this book. Some of the most basic methods to play shots well are described in this book. The methods are written in a style clear as fresh water. A quick, easy read that will open your eyes, help your game, and make you understand what so many others have said about this great teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's All You Need -- Give your other golf books away, April 7 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Harvey Penick's Little Red Book : Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf (Paperback)
If you've played golf for a while and are always loooking for improvements, your mind can become over-cluttered from reading instructions from magazines and books, not to mention tips from your Saturday buddies. Give all that away. Buy the Little Red Book. Read and enjoy. Then read and study. Study again and again. It is pure health for your mind and game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me back into the game, May 27 2000
I stopped playing golf for about 10 years because I had a vicious slice. I mean vicious. I went to several PGA teachers, who were no help. One day, I picked up this book, and his "Magic Move" showed me why I slice. I fixed my swing based upon this book and the video, and am now back to playing again. Bye, bye slice. Absolutely amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every golfer, April 4 2001
A. Todd Black (Cumming, GA United States) - See all my reviews
Mr. Penick shares a lifetime of golf wisdom in this easy to read and timeless classic. Every golfer should have this book in their library.
His humble style and sincere desire that every golfer improve (and most importantly, have fun) make this book helpful for golfers at all levels of playing ability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic book on a life in golf and learning the game., June 27 2000
By A Customer
This book is a classic, and should be on every golfer's shelf. Penick uses simple metaphors for how the swing should feel to teach in a simple yet incredibly effective manner. His instruction on bunker/sand shots alone is worth the cost of the book. You will not be dissapointed with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read classic., June 9 1997
By A Customer
There's much to like about Penick's home spun golf wisdom. This is a book you will read over and over again. Formatted to allow you to bite off as much or as little as you need. Penick teaches in parables and metaphors that stay with you on the course. A true sports classic

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much information for the beginning golfer., May 28 1999
By A Customer
I understand that people will look at this and think of is as enjoyable but there are so many ideas of how to improve your game as to make it confusing. I would not suggest this book to a golfer unless he can already shoot in the high 80's or low 70's consistently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and helpful, Aug. 9 1999
By A Customer
Maybe it's a coincidence, but I lost 10 strokes off my game during the week I read this book and put it into my practice routine. If you will actually practice the drills in this book your game will improve. If nothing else, it's entertaining reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest golf book ever!, April 19 1999
By A Customer
Harvy doesn't explain the swing in a boring manner as most instructors do. Simple stories about real life people. After reading the red book I couldn't wait until the green and blue books were available to buy! No one does it as well as Harvy did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6 2014
Easy tout read and understand thé fondamentales of golf. I will read it again from tome tout tome..

Harvey Penick's Little Red Book : Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf