4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative
Lots of information,this would be helpful as a starter point for people looking to look at specific possible allergies with their children
Published 17 months ago by Shannon Guertin

2.0 out of 5 stars Interseting anectdotes, unsound science
Good advice on diet and determining food allergies. Unfortunately, the prefered treatment method of Provocation/Neutralization has zero credibility in the medical community. There is no evidence, based on double blind clinical trials, that the method works.
Published on Feb. 25 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read this book YEARS ago., June 2 2001
Mary Ann Wasser (California, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
My son's allergist recommended this book and I read the entire thing in 3 days. My son has been to so many doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. over the years and noone ever suggested he could have food allergies, and that could be causing much of his ADHD/aggression problems. This book explains it all so well, and offers very detailed suggestions for help. Why don't more doctors see this connection? I highly recommend this book for all parents searching for the answers for their hard to control children. It may not be the answer for everyone, but certainly worth looking into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life!, April 6 2001
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
This book sent me on a journey.it was my daughter to a tee. She is so much better now. She was diagnosed ADHA. It wasnt that, She was severly allergic! This book changed my daughters life.No more Ritilin.It is sad more parents dont investigate WHY there chid is ADHA

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life!, April 6 2001
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
This book sent me on a journey.it was my daughter to a tee. She is so much better now. She was diagnosed ADHA. It wasnt that, She was severly allergic! This book changed my daughters life.No more Ritilin.It is sad more parents dont investigate WHY there chid is ADHDA.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for the parent of a problem child., Oct. 26 2000
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
This book was an eye opener for us. Our daughter had many ADHD type symptoms; angry outbursts, emotional meltdowns, and was fidgety, restless, and unable to stay focused. After following the book's recommended rotational diet, we figured out what foods she reacted to. Avoiding those foods (especially corn) produced dramatic positive results. She is now an alert, attentive, angel of a child. This book is a must for any parent with a problematic child.
And contrary to one reader's review, the NIH has conducted double blind studies supporting Dr. Doris Rapp's findings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible book, but not just for children, Nov. 22 1999
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me when my physician suspected that food allergies were causing my depression and stomach problems. I read the book and was astounded at the evidence here and how well it is presented. The title of the book implies that it is just for diagnosing children, but every person can benefit by it. Just think of all the adult behaviors that might be caused by food allergies -- violence, depression, isolation, anxiety, giddiness, exhaustion, and so on. It is a sad commentary that the medical community doesn't give much credence to food allergies, as I have found in wandering from specialist to specialist. When my allergies were discovered and I avoided the food, my depression cleared in six months. What a fantastic cure, and so simple and inexpensive -- just the cost of this book and the IGG blood test.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for "good parents" at the end of their rope!, Sept. 29 1999
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
This book contained information that greatly improved my families quality of life! Doris Rapp gives you the information to recognize unsuspecting allergies by being your own detective. She shows how a good record keeper can pinpoint a specific reaction caused by a specific allergen. She also alerts her readers about how unsuspecting behavoir problems,constant sicknesses,bed wetting,hyperactivity,and headaches could be the result of undiagnosed allergies.I liked the way Dr. Rapp enforces that no one knows your child better than his or her parents and that you should trust that "gut" feeling. I feel that she supplies the reader with enough resources to be able to identify an allergy and to possibly be able to control it.This book has also enabled my family to lead more healthy, happy and productive lives! If this book is helpful, one will want to read Dr. Rapp's other books on allergies.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential Addition to My Bookshelf, Aug. 14 1999
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
I checked this book out of our local library at our pediatrician's suggestion. We are trying to deal with allergies in both our boys, and our doc finally threw up her hands and said, "Go get this book, she's the most knowledgable doctor in the field today." After taking extensive notes from the book trying to copy out all the vital information, I gave up and decided it was a must for my purchase list!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book for ANY Parent!, April 16 1999
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
This is a wonderful guide that is complete on everything that may be an unrecognizabl allergy. Awesome guide to parenting. This is especially for the paernts of of children who: are complaining, cranky, slow learners, agressive, hyperactive, unwell, or depressed. Covers all stages and ages of children. Infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents. This was written by a medical doctor and is very thorough. A must have for any parent!

5.0 out of 5 stars how to discover allergies, Nov. 17 1998
This review is from: Is This Your Child (Paperback)
D. Rapp gives a practical approach to discovering your childrens allergies by utilizing a rotational diet. She attributes many behavior problems to food allergies. She gives many excellent examples of cause and effect and in some cases a simple remedy to alleviate some of the symptoms. Following her advice will assist you in deciding if you need professional care. She also gives advice on where to find physicians who will treat food allergies. I am buying copies for my children and their families. Nancy E. Mach,RN, BSN, MA, CCRN

2.0 out of 5 stars Interseting anectdotes, unsound science, Feb. 25 2000

Is This Your Child
Is This Your Child by Doris Rapp (Paperback - July 30 1992)
CDN$ 23.99 CDN$ 17.32