march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Family Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on January 15, 1998
I found this book on a friend's shelf, and picked it up to look for a simple recipe I could try, to find out if the book was worth buying. I was puzzled by references in each recipe to "save the juices for deglazing the pan". Deglazing?
Well. I looked up to the front of the book, and found that, by "deglazing", she meant "softening up the fat and juice burnt onto the pan to the point where you might be able to scrape it off". So, basically, her simple cooking technique means you move your time investment from cooking time to cleaning time. Not a win in my book: cooking is fun; cleaning is dull. :-)
on December 7, 1997
The result in following the cooking methods in "Roasting A Simple Art" were disastrous, a kitchen filled with smoke and a very burned chicken. It appears that the cooking methods have not been tested. As consumers we are the ones roasted by purhasing this book.