5.0 out of 5 stars Another great one from Lorna Sass, Sept. 6 2003
merrymousies (Waterford, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Short Cut Vegetarian (Paperback)
I've been very happy with all of Lorna Sass' cookbooks (she even got me into using a pressure cooker!). This one is no exception - lots of neat quick soups, salads, stews and other dishes that don't require a lot of work to prepare or (especially nice) clean up since they're done mostly in one pot/pan. Lots of variety - dips/spreads, curries, stirfry, grain/pasta dishes, and straight vegetables too. Really a good cookbook to have onhand for when you don't feel like cooking up a big deal but want something satisfying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taught me how to cook, April 22 2002
"bumbiebea" (Alexandria, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Short Cut Vegetarian (Paperback)
This little book is AWESOME. I recommend it for anyone with little time to cook (college students, working moms, anybody else!). The recipes are great - easy and fast (be sure to read the side bars as they provide simple ideas to vary the basic recipes). But, I think the best part of this book is that it really teaches you how to cook fast, healthy food. I find myself applying her time-saving methods to other recipes or to creations of my own. This is the book that I turn to when I want a nice meal in 30 minutes or less.

Short Cut Vegetarian
Short Cut Vegetarian by Lorna Sass (Paperback - July 2 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 14.65