Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on January 18, 2001
I have been interested in Egyptology for quite a while and like most people have dreamed of going on a dig to discover a lost tomb. For me this has come true with Kent Weeks graphic representation of what he finds while unearthing the Sons of Ramesis tomb. The way he has written this book makes me feel like I am with him in the tomb. Every discovery he makes I can feel his excitement. In part this book is about the Theban Mapping Project and the problems he faces with the government and also about the lives of the workers who help him unearth this tomb. I have been to Egypt and have seen the Valley of the Kings. To me this book has brought back great memories of my trip there. THIS IS A VERY ENJOYABLE READ FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN EGYPTOLOGY.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2001
this book is a great book for anyone interested in ancient egypt. the book is about the discovery of tomb kv 5. this is a tomb that was built by ramesses the great for his sons. they only have evidence that a few sons were burried there, but there were many sons of ramesses, at leased 30 born of high ranking wives and they only know of 2 of his sons being buried somewhere eles, so all his other sons may be buried there as well. this tomb was found along time ago but was said to be that of an unimportant tomb. in fact carter covered the tomb with dirt from his excavation of tutankhamun's tomb. there are many rooms in the tomb (150 rooms). there is also lots of info on things around the time of ramesses. this is a great book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse