biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on October 18, 2002
I read this story to my three little children. After I did so in a kind of hushed whisper, we all looked at each other like we just discovered a magical place together. My oldest, who is 7, leaned her head back self-consciously, in a kind of surprise, to stop her tears from spilling over. There is so much youthful joy and discovery and poignancy in the story. What a beautiful book, not just in its words, but in the sepia-tone illustrations.I put it on MY wish list for Christmas!
on March 11, 2003
I read this book to my class of first graders and they loved it! This book is well-written and uses wonderful descriptive words to paint a vivid picture for the kids. They connected to the story and wanted to hear it again!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
This is a very heart-warming story that makes one want to walk outside in one's PJs and look for Fireflies. A great read aloud for the young ones. Can use it also to talk similes with your older young ones!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse