5.0 out of 5 stars Five big fat MOO's for this one!
Click, clack, moo. Click, clack, moo. Clickety, clack, moo.

God help Farmer Brown! His cows are typing.

Dear Farmer Brown,

The barn is very cold at night.
We'd like some electric blankets.

Published 2 hours ago by Bookstork Buzz

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointing.
The book is mildly amusing, but that's about it. I was very disappointed as the premise held such promise. But the book is overly repetitive (how many times do you have to say Click Clack Moo before it dtrarts to grate? Ferwe than are required by the text, that's for sure), the drawings are not very impressive (too many are too dark and amorphous) and the story, such as...
Published on Feb. 4 2002 by David J. Gannon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five big fat MOO's for this one!, April 24 2014
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
Click, clack, moo. Click, clack, moo. Clickety, clack, moo.

God help Farmer Brown! His cows are typing.

Dear Farmer Brown,

The barn is very cold at night.
We'd like some electric blankets.

The Cows

Impossible! thinks Farmer Brown. "No way," says Farmer Brown. Moo. The cows go on strike.

Sorry,

We're closed. No milk today.

What a hoot. And it doesn't stop there - the hens are cold too.

They'd like electric blankets.

The Cows

Farmer Brown is furious. The critters won't cave. No milk. No eggs. A stalemate. But wait! Enter Duck the neutral party, waddling in with a typed ultimatum. It's a good one for the cows and a DUCKLOAD of trouble for Farmer Brown!

Definitely one of the best books I've read yet, silly, imaginative, an unusual premise. Some writers just have the neatest ideas!

4.0 out of 5 stars Chickens, cows, ducks, and tricks, July 11 2004
(...)...
It's a funny book. I think it's funny because the cows and the
chickens trick Farmer Brown into giving them electric blankets
with help from the ducks by trading the typewriter for the
electric blankets. And then the ducks write notes with the
typewriter instead of giving it to Farmer Brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 18 month old daughter simply ADORES this book!!!, June 21 2004
Charity (El Sobrante, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
We got this book out of a Cheerios' box during a literacy promotion sponsored by General Mills, and it has become my daughter's favorite. She is just learning to talk, and the simple language in Click Clack Moo is wonderful. Her grandparents and I read to her every day, any book she wants (she really does choose on her own) and ever since we got this book it has been the only one she wants you to read.
3-4 times every day she walks into the room with her blanket in one hand and this book in the other, saying "CLACK CLACK" then climbs into any empty lap to have the book read to her. Once one person is finished reading it, she climbs into the next lap to have it read once again.
This book has been read so many times it is falling apart (it is a simple paper-back with only 2 staples holding it together) and it is time to buy a new one, but since we love it so much I have decided to purchase Giggle Giggle Quack and Duck for President for her also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry, Feb. 15 2004
E. R. Bird "Ramseelbird" (Manhattan, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
Understatement is not lost on children. Neither is subtlety (though you probably wouldn't know it when a 2-year old has decided to tell you "the funniest knock knock joke ever"). The creation of an effective picture book for small children has a variety of different tacks it can take, subtle being the most difficult. But "Click, Clack, Moo", is beyond sublime, and it gets away with it too. In it, author Doreen Cronin and illustrator Betsy Lewin have penned a delightful story about some dexterous cows with simple demands. In this tale, Farmer Brown's cows have gotten ahold of a typewriter. Now equipped with the means with which they can express themselves, the cows demand electric blankets forthwith. Farmer Brown demurs (by throwing a small fit) so the cows join up with the chickens in demanding blankets for the chickens as well. In the end, a solution is reached and all parties are satisfied with the outcome.
There is a single moment in this book that was, to me, the height of sophistication. After hearing the cows demands, Farmer Brown types up a letter of refusal. We next see a two-page spread of the long road to the barn. A white duck, oversized letter in beak and a left foot poised in the air, walks alone. The text reads, "Duck was a neutral party, so he brought the ultimatum to the cows". I love using the term neutral party in a picture book. I love that extravagant and elaborate word "ultimatum" bandied about a barnyard tale. Every children's book should be so lucky as to have a moment such as this.
Honestly, though I enjoyed the pictures I was not overwhelmed by them. Betsy Levin's style is a simple watercolor utilizing thick black lines and wide open-eyed expressions. That's all well and good, but in some ways I wanted to see something a little more interesting. But that's just me. This book is a fun romp into "what if" territory. Read aloud well, it could capture many a youngsters attention again and again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 year olds review, Jan. 8 2004
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
I like the story because it was funny. My favorite part was when the ducks got the diving board. The ducks typed a letter to Farmer Brown because the pond was quite boring. I think my friends would love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT SPEAKS TO ME!!!!!!!!!, Jan. 6 2004
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
Animals bark moo squeal meow moo. Wait I already said Moo. Who cares? Moo moo moo!!!!! Cluck. Furry animals and scaly animals and giraffes have long necks. Moo again! Eric Moo James.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny book, Dec 7 2003
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
This is the tale of cows that find a typewriter and start issuing their demands to the farmer. The book has a lot of action and though some of the concepts are above the age level of the children this book would appeal to ("going on strike" and "duck was a neutral party")it does not detract from the story at all. The tension builds in the book as the cows (now joined by the chickens) make their demands and the farmer issues an ultimatum. It gets to a point where readers will wonder if the conflict can be resolved at all. But it is resolved in a very creative way and the surprise ending adds another comic element to the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Over and Over Again, Dec 7 2003
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
My daughter received this book for her 2nd birthday. She LOVES it! I have read this book over and over again at her request and I still chuckle at the end. This book is great for kids but is also funny for adults to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for Toddlers and College Students, Nov. 16 2003
"beebs1044" (Churchville, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
I first came across this book in a class at the college I recently graduated from. At the time we were studying about just war and how to resolve conflicts peacefully and it was quite entertaining when the priest teaching the class came in one morning with this book in hand. By the end of the book the entire class was hanging on the professor's every word, though the point of the lesson has left most of us now, a copy of the book now sits on my youngest sister's book shelf because the greatest thing that I got out of the book was that it made a great Christmas gift for a five year old, and became one of the first books she read on her own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parents will love to read it, Oct. 29 2003
Lisa Kremer "mom of two" (Tacoma, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Click Clack Moo (Hardcover)
I search for books that are simple enough to read to my 18-month-old daughter, yet interesting enough for my husband and I to read over and over again. After all, you can't convey a love of reading if you're bored out of your mind. With Click Clack Moo, there's no fear of that. We laughed out loud several times the first time we read this, and it still makes us giggle. My daughter often chooses it for us to read first at bedtime, and I'm not sure whether it's because she enjoys the story and pictures, or because she wants to see us laugh. This will have a special place on our bookshelf for a long time.

ARRAY(0xab432b7c)

Click Clack Moo
Click Clack Moo by Doreen Cronin (Hardcover - Feb. 1 2000)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43