‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Feb. 23 2014
Jan Church "GoldauGirl" (Richmond Hill ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk! (Hardcover)
This book was a gift to my great nephew at Christmas and he was captivated by the story and the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this book!, Oct. 12 2012
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
Of all the Sandra Boynton books, this is probably my favourite! So much fun! Love the "hippos go beserk" page, and it's also a good learning tool for counting.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Hippo All Alone... a back and forth counting book, Aug. 15 2003
Joshua Koppel (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
A wondrous counting book that tells of a lonely hippo who calls two others on the phone. Then larger and larger groups keep arriving (three though nine) until all 45 hippos and the beast (a guest of one of the groups) go berserk and party all through the hippo night. But at the hippo break of day, they all begin to go away (nine through two) until all that is left is the original one.
Most counting books only count in one direction. This fun book counts up and then back down again (although it doesn't use zero). It even makes mention of how many they add up to.
Typical Boynton illustrations add to the fun of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE it!, July 19 2009
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
My daughter and I read stories every night before bedtime. Hippos Go Berserk has been a HUGE favourite for a long time now! And it has helped my daughter learn how to count backwards from ten. So she is learning while she has fun which is always a good thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it aloud with verve!, Oct. 29 2008
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
How wacky can you be as you read the page "All the hippo's go beserk!"
This was a real let-down-your-hair book for my kids who last year at the ages of 19, 16 and 13 could still all recite it off by heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a favorite!, May 15 2003
TMKM (mid hudson valley, ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
My 18 month old son LOVES this book! All I need to say is..."One hippo all alone, calls two hippos on the phone" (First lines from book), and my son will search the house for the book until he finds it! It is a great book, the illustrations are top notch. He has about 30 other board books, but this is by far his favorite. Since I read it to him at least 5 times a day, I know it by heart! I can't wait to get more of Sandra Boynton's books. Since it is a board book, it is very durable! Go Berserk! You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I blessed Boynton for the final page, March 27 2003
A Month of Sundays "Kasheri" (Costa Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
This is a terrific book. It is my favorite to read and my baby loves it. The illustrations are wonderful: simple for the small baby, but with wonderful comic detail for new discoveries at every read. The final page brings ideal closure to the story. This is an excellent book for your child's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud, Feb. 15 2003
D. Schlott (Sound Beach, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
My son is only 5 months old and just loves this book. He smiles and laughs at the cute pictures. The rhyming text gives the book a nice flow. I cannot read this book before he goes to sleep because he gets too excited!!! A must purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorite books!, June 3 2002
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
Our 8 month old loves it when the hippos go BERSERK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't wait to reread this book to my kids over and over., March 27 2002
Calinae (North of Denver) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hippos Go Berserk (Board book)
Sandra Boynton's use of perfect rhyming draws the young and old in to a tale that is more fun than any other counting I've ever done. You aren't even aware that the goal is to learn to count. It is definitely the most memorable of all of the counting books I have shared with my daughters. It is fun sentimental and wonderfully illustrated. I have actually worn out a paper copy of this book. I highly reccomnend the more sturdy board book version for this reason.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb2fe4390)

Hippos Go Berserk
Hippos Go Berserk by Sandra Boynton (Board book - May 1 2000)
CDN$ 9.50 CDN$ 9.02