5.0 out of 5 stars Rebirth of Passion
Published on Aug. 7 2000 by J. Fitch

3.0 out of 5 stars Lukewarm fiction
This book is barely based in fact, and the author notes this at the end. I didn't find the story particularly satisfying -- as fan of Houdini OR as an avid reader of children's literature -- but the artwork is wonderful, particularly the renderings of Houdini himself. I will treasure my copy of the book for the artwork alone.
Published on Aug. 23 2001 by beckyjean

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebirth of Passion, Aug. 7 2000
J. Fitch "Long Distance Traveler" (Meadville, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: THE HOUDINI BOX (Hardcover)
When I opened my desk drawer at 7:30 one summer morning to find an annonomously placed copy of "The Houdini Box," I'd no idea that I was connecting with my muse. I sat in the serene silence before the stirring of a workday and read through this children's book about the loss and regaining of a dream. As a children's book, it's delightfully written and beautifully illustrated. I know several children who've enjoyed the tale. For adults, Brian Selznick's book is a parable about the obstacles that turn us from our passions and the serendipitous moments that call us back on track.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lukewarm fiction, Aug. 23 2001
This review is from: The Houdini Box (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gre Houdini Book, May 8 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: THE HOUDINI BOX (Hardcover)
This book was great book even though it is fiction.I think it is for ages 6-100.

The Houdini Box
The Houdini Box by Brian Selznick (Paperback - Sept. 1 2001)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 9.49