5.0 out of 5 stars This is the MOTHER of all pop-up books EVER!
I've never written a review of any book before, but am compelled to do so now. (I'm not a very good writer!)
I've been collecting pop-ups for a long time, and this is the Pop-Up to End All Pop-Ups!

This book exceeds all my expectations of any Pop-Up. Innovative, top quality, surprise after surprise, includes full story, just superb!
I cannot give this...
Published on April 12 2004 by gayle714

2.0 out of 5 stars All good things come to an end
I was blown away with the beauty of the book. I was very disappointed in its quality. The forest in the first scene leans too far back. The cover was torn at the joint with the spine. I also ordered "The Wizard of Oz" as a gift. The tornado folded out parallel with the page instead of perpendicular to it. My copy of the book was printed in Colombia and assembled in...
Published on Dec 22 2003 by Y. Lopez

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the MOTHER of all pop-up books EVER!, April 12 2004
gayle714 (Oceanside, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)

I cannot give this book enough stars. If 5 is the highest, I give this book a 15! You will not be dissappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Sabuda masterpiece., Sept. 29 2003
Benjamin (ATLANTA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
As a huge fan of Sabuda's WIZARD OF OZ, I grabbed ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND as soon as I saw it in the store, and it didn't disappoint at all.
The book is similar in design to WIZARD OF OZ, has several eye-popping pages that literally jump out at you and contains a faithful abridgement of Lewis Carroll's classic text.
The first page, featuring the forest where Alice first encounters the White Rabbit, is glorious, and Sabuda has imagined a remarkable way to give readers a look "down the rabbit hole."
This one's as good as THE WIZARD OF OZ, and it's going to be a great gift for all my cousins this holiday season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 16 2014
Olena Grebeniuk (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
My nieces absolutely love these books. They are a bit young for them, 5 y o, you have to watch them, may tear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sabuda strikes again, May 19 2013
Sharon Eisbrenner (Regina, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
when I saw the spread with the cards attacking Alice, I had to have this. Brilliant! Complete story, well illustrated, brilliantly engineering. Inspiring art!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop-up Master, Nov. 21 2006
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
I love this wonderful portrayal of Alice's adventures in the form of pop-up art. Sabuda's Pop-ups are a constantly source of amazement for me and my kids. I am full of admiration for the skill and intricate detail that goes into creating these masterpieces. As Christmas gifts for my other two kids I have also bought Sabuda's pop-up "Encyclopedia Prehistorica" and Nowiki's "Why Some Cats are Rascals" - a charming, motivational story with a lot of information from the world of felines. I abosolutely recommend "Rascals" in addition to Alice's Adventures. Best story to read to your child in bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars More perfect eye-popping pop-ups from Robert Sabuda., Dec 25 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was a tough act to follow yet Robert Sabuda has succeeded beautifully with Alice in Wonderland. The pop-ups are even more spectacular and, as though this weren't enough, Sabuda introduces a gorgeous range of textures, from the iridescent sheen of glass and metalware in the Duchess's kitchen, to the velvety soft touch of the March Hare, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, and other furry animals that inhabit the story. A must-have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Georgeously Detailed Work, Dec 7 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
Children and adults alike will marvel at this beautifullly detailed book of Alice in Wonderland. I hope the publishers come out with a BILINGUAL version: Alicia en el Pais de las Maravillas so the growing population of Latino children in the US can read it in Spanish and so American children can learn a new language while viewing the pop-ups! Another fabulous book for those seeking adventure and beauty is Drum, Chavi, Drum!/Toca, Chavi, Toca! (Set in the colorful Calle Ocho, Little Havana festival where a little Cuban girl makes her dreams come true). Alice and Chavi will bring joy into children's hearts and so these are the two books I recommend as Christmas gifts this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, March 31 2004
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
There is a REASON that reviewers of Robert Sabuda's "Alice in Wonderland" are AMAZED. This is NOT just another "pop-up book." THIS is a WORK OF ART!!
Robert Sabuda's work is MAGICAL as you literally peer down the rabbit hole. Another page shows Alice in the house; Alice at the tea party; the Cheshire Cat; the deck of cards....
This book can be great to show young babies as it will spark their curiosity, but you have to just have them look at it and keep it out of reach as young toddlers would probably rip the art work. If you know a young boy or girl (ages 4 and up) or a young teenager or anyone who appreciates illustrative art - this is the book to buy.
My mother bought this book for me plus one for her good friend and we both loved it!
Robert Sabuda's "Wizard of OZ" was great....this might be even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: A Pop-up book, Feb. 25 2004
Catherine Martin (Perris, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
Absolutely the best pop-up book I have ever seen. A collectible for sure. Not only do you have large pop-ups on each page, but you have smaller multiple ones on the pages, too!! Beautiful color and excitment for everyone, adults included!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous addition to your Sabuda collection, Feb. 8 2004
KNSudha (Saratoga, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Hardcover)
Once you have one of his pop-up books, you will be drawn willy-nilly to buy all of the rest. This is not his most sublime effort on two fronts. The art work is in the exact style of the original, so while it is stunning and beautiful, I think it is not as lovely as his absolutely original imaginings. A few of the pop-up effects such as the little baby changing to a pig face(found in one of the mini books within a book) don't work very well, since only the pig is visible unless you go thro contortions to peek inside before ever opening that page. The same with the scene of painting the roses red.
While a great deal of the original text has been abridged, only a couple of the nonsense rhymes that made the original unabridged alice one of my childhoods read aloud favorites has been included.
Overall, the pop up engineering is still stunning, to see Alice's face inside the White Rabbits home with her arms sticking out windows, and her feet out the chimney and front door, the mad hatters tea party, and of course, the very first telescopic view of her fall down the rabbit hole are not to be missed! My 3 1/2 year old sits thro 90% of the story just as long as he can enjoy the pop-ups again and again!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (Hardcover - Oct. 1 2003)
CDN$ 34.99 CDN$ 21.94