‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 18 month's favorite book, Aug. 6 2006
This book has several pages of adventure (going through mud, snow, etc.) and into a bear's den. Then they find the bear and panic. They run home compressing all what they been through while being chased by the bear. The story ends with the adventurers in bed under the covers and the bear walking home. With decent narration, this makes an exciting story. My little boy continues to love this story since he was 6 months old, and keeps returning to it as he slowly understands more and more of it. He would push aside his other favorite books (Goodnight Gorilla, Tumble Bumble, Very Hungry Caterpillar and similar) to find this book and bring it to me. Nothing quiets him down for readings as fast as this book.
Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful fun, March 10 2002
By A Customer
This is one of my three-year-old daughter's favourite books. The repetitive, sing-song chorus ("We're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one...") and the sound effects, as the family passes through tall grass, mud, a river, a forest and a snowstorm before reaching the bear's cave, will delight any pre-schooler. (For even more fun, use your child's teddy bear as a prop when the bear in the story finally makes his appearance.)
This book is great fun for both parent and child. It's one you won't soon tire of reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favourites!, Jan. 8 2014
My 3 year old and 1.5 year old love this book, as do I, and we read it all the time. Great rhythm to the story and a catchy verse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, Jan. 14 2013
It's a terrific book for kids of all ages. Every page offers an opportunity for interactive play for adult and child.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're going on a bear hunt again and again!, March 23 2001
mrsflowers (Bristow,VA USA) - See all my reviews
We enjoy going along the adventure with the family in the book and shouting phrases like, " We can't go over it. We can't go under it. Oh,no! We've got to go through it!" There are fantastic sounds along the journey like "Hoo Woo" in the snowstorm. The ending is best read really fast, which is at times challenging for the parent and fun for all. We love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars great version of old camp story, May 13 2011
Barb (Winnipeg, MB) - See all my reviews
I just got this book for my grandchildren and was very pleased with it. It is a great version of the old camp story that we often tell. The illustrations are wonderful and as I have the four grandchildren (two boys and two girls) they enjoy pointing themselves out in the pictures in the book. Best read by someone who can do good sound effects!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied customers. Thank you!, Feb. 1 2010
I ordered this book from the UK for my nephew in Canada. The transaction went smoothly and the recipient is very pleased ^_^ Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars You Never Get Tired of It, May 30 2002
By A Customer
This is such a good book. It is both fun and educational. It really puts the reader into the story and teaches a thing or two along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rhythm !, March 29 2002
By A Customer
There aren't very many words in this book, but it is a GREAT story. I bought it for my husband who is a professional storyteller. He plans to use the story when 'telling' to young children.
Very imaginative and colorful story! I highly recommend it for infants and young toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're Going On A Bear Hunt is highly educational!, March 15 2002
suzanne western (Ashburn, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This book was first introduced to me as a preschool teacher at a private preschool in Maryland. It was highly successful with ages 2-4, teaching the early principles of memorization! What is always successful in an early educational book is keeping the fun in fundamentals! If you can hold a two-year old's attention you know you have a winner! This held the attention of 12 two year old children! Terrific!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

We're Going on a Bear Hunt
We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen (Paperback - Jan. 1 2003)
CDN$ 9.50 CDN$ 9.02