march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Registry Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on November 29, 2000
Michael Rosen's "We're Going On A Bear Hunt" is a cute tale suitable for any beginning reader or elementary level class. It has a repetitive and rhythmic verse. The story is a light-hearted adventure, with a fun twist at the conclusion for childrens enjoyment. The illustrations suited the text well, as they were not eccentric but not dull. I used the book for a lesson on sequencing for a first grade class. It can also be used to foster reading skills because of it's textual predictability and repetition. Overall, a helpful tool for fun activities and learning in the classroom.
on April 26, 1999
My 3 year old son had this book read to him at the day care centre and begged us to buy it. Again and again and again. There is no better proof that this book is really very good. I liked it too.
on December 5, 2014
We have this version and the puzzle version. It's a classic we were introduced at the reading class via the local library and we have not yet tired of it.
on July 30, 2014
I wanted this text to follow the song more closely. Children want to sing it. But still, a good launching point for the repeat-after-me song version.
on February 19, 2016
I bought this thinking it was the hardcover of the original story. It's not!
on May 1, 2016
great book encourages reading and song actions good color
on June 22, 2015
good product, as described - fast shipping.
on December 19, 2001
A fun and interesting book. I am not in love with it... but my kids like it quite a bit. It is interesting because it takes children on a journey through woods, fields, swamps, etc. to go find a bear. All along the way, there are funny sounds to show the different obstacles on the journey... woods, fields, swamps, etc. These sounds enhance the stimulation of the journey. As the journey reverses itself, the story repeats the words, sounds, places and experiences for enhanced learning.
The pictures are good, but a little dull - but the kids still enjoy them. And, the surprise ending is fun to rush through for more excitement.
Overall, a good book, fun and a little bit silly.
on August 4, 2013
I loved this book, however I was watching an episode of Dora the Explorer with my daughter today and heard something familiar. Dora the Explorer episode #10 season 1 has the exact same verses as this book. Instead of going on a bear hunt Dora goes on a berry hunt, She's gonna get a big one, we're not scared, what a beautiful day. I felt disappointed.