5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Creative Christmas Book

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I thought it would be
Published on Dec 27 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Creative Christmas Book, Dec 19 2000
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
My 18-month old daughter loves this book. The interactive elements are inventive and thoughtful. I also appreciate the quality of the rhyming text (sometimes the pop ups are cute, but the text is a mere boring afterthought), and there are a variety of different types of activities. Sometimes things pop up, other times there is a lift the flap. There is a bug ornament that you take out of the envelope and hang on the tree (which she loves to do again and again...I get so tired of that page!)
If you are looking for a Christmas book that is interactive and a little bit different, this fits the bill.
My only complaint is that the battery for the star on the last page has worn out, and it's not replacable! They should make it replacable like with so many other battery powered books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I thought it would be, Dec 27 1999
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
With 4 children, I thought this book would be a delight. All but the baby were disappointed (she loves the light and music at the end!). My 4 yr. old can't figure out what the Holly Bugs are (those are just eyes, Mom, where are the bugs?) and my 9 and 11 year old weren't even interested enough to look at it more than once. "Why'd you buy this one, Mom?" Personally, I think the pop-ups themselves are cleverly done. Overall, as an adult, I like the book. I'm just disappointed that my kids didn't respond more positively to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars no bugs about it!!, Dec 18 1997
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
This is by far one of the best childrens holiday books I've ever seen..My 2 year old nephew has had me read it to him over and over and over.."do it again" is his mantra! I would highly recommend this book to anyone who even remotely knows a child or is a child at heart. I just finished reading it to a bunch of my co-workers, who went absolutely "buggy" over it! I believe the fun in this book is reading it with others...Simply - buy it - you will not soon see a book that will make you smile like this one :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by the master of the pop-ups, Dec 9 1998
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
My two kids have already worn out one copy of this book and we are on our second. Absolutely a delight. As they take turns opening the various pop-ups, they carefully position themselves to be the one who gets to pull the tab on the Christmas tree (No, you do this one.) So we had to make a rule: One gets to take out and open up the ornamet bug, the other one gets to light the tree.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bug-a-riffic, Dec 7 2001
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
This is enjoyed by my 18 month old as well as my 4 1/2 year old. They get a kick out of the surprises from flipping the flaps to pulling the tabs. Keeps them busy for at least 20 minutes and easy enough to read for my 4 1/2. Try the Feely Bugs Book, just as enjoyable and entertaining to kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE, April 6 2014
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Mini Edition) (Board book)
We love all of the "bug" books, my son reads them over and over and over again! And its not even xmas time! The bug books are fun to read for all ages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book to delay bedtime, July 13 2000
Thea M. Ryan (South Dakota, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
My daughter uses this book to make bedtime drag on forever! There are tons of things to pull, push and open. Leave it in the reading room...kinds can stretch this into a 20 minute bedtime ritual!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Tradition, Dec 11 1998
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
This book is wonderful. My 4 kids look forward to getting it out every year to read. Even the 11 year old loves it. And... amazing to us... the battery in the back has lasted 6 years!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE JINGLE BUGS!!!!!!!, Nov. 27 1998
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
BUY JINGLE BUGS!!!!!! I DONT CARE IF YOUR 65!! YOULL STILL LOVE IT! ITS SO CUTE! I WANT TO BE A JINGLE BUG!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, Oct. 17 2003
S. Bibbo (Harvard, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jingle Bugs (Hardcover)
I love reading this book with my children. David Carter's books are always fun to read.

Jingle Bugs (Mini Edition)
Jingle Bugs (Mini Edition) by David A. Carter (Board book - Nov. 1 2004)
CDN$ 13.99 CDN$ 12.59