5.0 out of 5 stars Nature's Cancer Fighting Foods Helped me, Aug. 31 2012
This review is from: Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods (Paperback)
I have never had cancer, but I have been extremely ill with Lyme disease for 9 years. I considered Lyme to me my cancer. I took to heart a lot of what is written in this book and used many of the recipes again and again to make my strict diet bearable. Since following suggestions from this book and one other, I am feeling a lot better and no longer rely on medication. It is very well written and sections are clearly marked and easy to understand.
I refer back to it all the time. It was money well spent on my road to recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, Inspiring & Entertaining!, Jan. 13 2004
Chet Davenport (Denver, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods (Paperback)
I bought this book for a friend with cancer and after reading the preface and first chapter just couldn't put it down! Verne Varona writes with an amazing clarity, insight and entertaining style while demystifing all kinds of nutritional myths. His information about acid and alkaline is the best I've read anywhere and his sugar craving information has allowed me to challenge what was a formidable addiction. It seems like he's taken the best of numerous cultural medicines and combined them into a practical and refreshing melting pot approach. Best of all, after five weeks on this program I feel better than I have in 30 years! I have as much kitchen savvy as kangeroo, but his recipes are easy-to-follow and absolutely delicious. Whether you have cancer, concerned about cancer or just in search of good health, this highly motivating book is a must read for anyone wanting to improve or recover their health. That's my take!
Chet Davenport, Ph.D
Denver, Colorado

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Researched and thought out, Aug. 28 2001
Linda King (Portland, Or United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods (Paperback)
Loaded with the latest Research and many years of practical experience, made this book such a beleivable read, a book I can reference and read over and over again, I specifically used a pink highlighter to zoom in on all the important points, which runs rampant without the whole book. If you are a person who wants valid, clear information on how to take care of yourself for the rest of your life whether you have cancer or not, this is the book for you, I healed my cancer fifteen years ago using these principles and there never outdated, like so many diet trends out there!! this is a keeper. Thank you for your hard work, in putting the book together. L.K.

Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods
Nature's Cancer-Fighting Foods by Verne Varona (Paperback - Jan. 24 2003)
CDN$ 23.00 CDN$ 16.61