5.0 out of 5 stars Work the Pond
This books is witty, fun and easy to read. If you ever wanted to get great tips on networking and how to do it properly, make sure you read this book. It's easy to relate to, provides easy to follow instructions and makes you laugh time and time again. A home run in my books!
Published on Sept. 25 2009 by Pam Johnston

3.0 out of 5 stars It is about net-working.
A career counselor recommended this book. I read it with much expectation. Then I found it is too simple to really help with my career or job search.
Published on July 26 2007 by Jean

3.0 out of 5 stars It is about net-working., July 26 2007
Jean (BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Work the Pond!: Use the Power of Positive Networking to Leap Forward in Work and Life (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work the Pond, Sept. 25 2009
Pam Johnston (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Your Networking Fun and Easy!, May 7 2009
Mrs. Emma L. Elsey "Emma-Louise Elsey" (Salt Spring Island, BC) - See all my reviews
Using the great metaphor of a 'Pond', this book:
1) is easy to read
2) is fun to read
3) Inspired me to get out networking!

I had never 'networked' before but after moving to a new country, knowing no-one and starting a new business I knew I wanted friends and needed contacts.

This short and wonderful book gave me plenty of suggestions, tips and ideas on WHAT networking is, how to network WELL and what to do when other people in your networking are not so pleasant...

This is what I remember from reading the book; focus on the other person, ask them questions, (have a technique to) remember something about them, offer something helpful if you can, be SURE to follow-up and don't take anything to heart.

Even the author has been seriously snubbed by people who 'should' know better.

Read this book about networking, apply the principles and whilst it won't take away ALL your nervousness it will make your networking life SO much easier and fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn to Be an Uber Networker, April 7 2009
P. Forint (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
Networking has a negative aura about it, but we all know people who seem to do it so well we admire them. This book gives you the permission and the tools you need to be a positive networker, completely removing any negative aura and elevating networking to an essential activity for both our business and personal lives.

CDN$ 22.50 CDN$ 16.24