summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on May 7, 2009
Using the great metaphor of a 'Pond', this book:
1) is easy to read
2) is fun to read
3) Inspired me to get out networking!

I had never 'networked' before but after moving to a new country, knowing no-one and starting a new business I knew I wanted friends and needed contacts.

This short and wonderful book gave me plenty of suggestions, tips and ideas on WHAT networking is, how to network WELL and what to do when other people in your networking are not so pleasant...

This is what I remember from reading the book; focus on the other person, ask them questions, (have a technique to) remember something about them, offer something helpful if you can, be SURE to follow-up and don't take anything to heart.

Even the author has been seriously snubbed by people who 'should' know better.

Read this book about networking, apply the principles and whilst it won't take away ALL your nervousness it will make your networking life SO much easier and fun!
on April 7, 2009
Networking has a negative aura about it, but we all know people who seem to do it so well we admire them. This book gives you the permission and the tools you need to be a positive networker, completely removing any negative aura and elevating networking to an essential activity for both our business and personal lives.
on September 25, 2009
This books is witty, fun and easy to read. If you ever wanted to get great tips on networking and how to do it properly, make sure you read this book. It's easy to relate to, provides easy to follow instructions and makes you laugh time and time again. A home run in my books!
on February 22, 2016
I reread on a regular bases.
on July 26, 2007
A career counselor recommended this book. I read it with much expectation. Then I found it is too simple to really help with my career or job search.