5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!! Very Useful
Published on March 23 2004 by Michael Shek

1.0 out of 5 stars CD is ALL WRONG
Published on April 18 2004 by Paul K. Cooke

4.0 out of 5 stars For once I have found something I can use., July 19 2004
This review is from: Microsoft® Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling (Paperback)
Usually I avoid Microsoft publications like the plague. The world digs deep enough into its pocket to fund Bill's lifestyle as it is. However work demands have lead me into using areas of Excel I have rarely used. I found this book to be just the one to meet my needs. I like the way the book is organised into short chapters with lots of practical examples. Personally it could have done without the first seven chapters; at this level the reader should know these thoroughly. Nevertheless, there is enough meat in the rest to give me a enough grounding into becoming more proficient in the more "esoteric" areas of Excel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, June 25 2004
By A Customer
It could possibly be a 5 star. It's great for those who need it to supplement knowledge obtained "on the job". I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for mba students learning excel, May 12 2004
By A Customer
I think the book provides many good tips on learning how to use the many tools excel provides a business analyst.

1.0 out of 5 stars CD is ALL WRONG, April 18 2004
Paul K. Cooke "zmadbanker" (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
I totally agree with renner 93, this book is a huge waste of my money as I was expecting to follow the CD samples that where toted so heavily on the book's back page as being part of the complete package. If they can correct this CD and supply a correct version to those already purchased, this may be a good book. But with the terriable CD mistakes, I rate this DOUBLE THUMBS DOWN! AND THE MIDDLE FINGER TO THE EDITOR for not doing his job.

1.0 out of 5 stars CD Rom All Wrong, April 2 2004
David Renner "renner93" (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
The book iitself is good and could learn a great deal with a correct companion cd. But you can't include a CD in which all the problems and examples in the book differ from the cd. As with all software-learning books with accompaning cd's, it's crucial that you can perfom the necessary problems and examples correctly. This is not the case with Data Analysis and Business Modeling with Microsoft Excel by Wayne L. Winston. Small errors such as the cd Excel sheets being one row off from the book examples to missing data and incorrectly named companies (example: Cisco on the cd vs. Microsoft in the book) to large errors such as beginning of the month totals in sales examples being non-existent and data completely missing (in the Cisco/Microsoft example.) And these all occur w/in the first three chapters! Had the cd jived with the book, this would be a great resource. Since it is nearly impossible to do the activities on the cd, I rated this book poorly and will be taking it back and looking at other data analysis/modeling books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!! Very Useful, March 23 2004
Michael Shek "wallstbully11729" (New York, New York USA) - See all my reviews
I love this book. This Book is a must for anyone who wants to learn how to use Excel to perform Data Analysis and Business modeling. I learned alot from this book. Winston shows us how to use Excel functions and shows us with examples. Plenty of examples and answers provided with the CD. This is a very good "foundational" book. You should also check out the book by Jackson and Staunton "Advanced modeling in finance using Excel and VBA". A book by Sengupta "Financial Modeling using Excel and VBA" is also worth looking at. I own all 3 books

Microsoft® Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling
Microsoft® Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling by Wayne Winston (Paperback - Feb. 28 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.13