5.0 out of 5 stars Right tool for the right job
I love it when people buy a book that's clearly labeled as "nothing but tips", then go online and express shock and dismay that the book is, ehhh, nothing but short tips, and not what they expected.
(Sorry for the misanthropic outburst. I'll lighten up from now on, promise.)
I use Photoshop about every day and my books are divided into 2 categories,...
Published on March 12 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!
I am no photoshop pro but I must say I only found about 2 "tips" useful in this book out of a 200+ pages. The rest were common sense like "typing in a circle".. Most of this information is supplied with the manual. Another "tip" listed is changing the color of text & how to change the text font...
I was really looking forward to learning something useful =/...
Published on Feb. 23 2004 by TWhite

5.0 out of 5 stars Right tool for the right job, March 12 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Photoshop CS Killer Tips (Paperback)
(Sorry for the misanthropic outburst. I'll lighten up from now on, promise.)
I use Photoshop about every day and my books are divided into 2 categories, the ones I dip into all the time while I'm working and the tutorials I rarely get the time to explore. Scott kelby writes both kinds of books, but I've liked Killer Tips best and used them since the PS 6 version because they teach reams of useful aspects of using PS. Some of the tips I already know or don't apply to how I use PS, but for the most part I get better at PS using these books than I do any other. It's like, 20-some bucks and you get over 300 tips, so it's less than a dollar a tip. I spend more on toner every month, and the advanced tips chapter alone is worth the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, Feb. 23 2004
TWhite "T White" (Chattanooga, Tennessee United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS Killer Tips (Paperback)
I was really looking forward to learning something useful =/
So if you have no idea about what your doing this this book is for you! It would make a great reference guide. But if you know the basics like how to merge visible layers I would recommend you read something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually lots of great tips, March 9 2004
This review is from: Photoshop CS Killer Tips (Paperback)
I'm a long time Photodshop user and I did find lots of very useful tips. Many were brand new but there were also lots of "reminders" - tips I probably used at one point, but forgot over time. Things like changing multiple type layers at once, straightening an image quickly with the measure tool, copying layer masks, the file browser tips and trouble-shooting tips were all very useful.
I think there's practical tips in this book for every level of user.
I look forward to more Killer tips books like this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not upto Scott Kelby's standards - very disappointed!, March 10 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Photoshop CS Killer Tips (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Scott Kelby's Photoshop books; however, this book is next to useless. It's full of short "tips" that really doesn't amount to anything. He does not go into details, like his other book "Dirty Tricks" (highly recommended). I would pass on this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paid for itself in a weekend!, March 22 2004
LLGran (Chester, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS Killer Tips (Paperback)
Picked it up this weekend, and although I've been on CS since the release, have saved myself enough time, to have more then paid for the book! I can't wait to get through more of it. Found many tips that just help me work faster. Worth a read.

Photoshop CS Killer Tips
Photoshop CS Killer Tips by Felix Nelson (Paperback - Feb. 27 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.15