5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Tool
The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers is a valuable resource for beginner & experienced Photoshoppers alike. Handy tips, tricks & how-to's will help you make the best of almost any digital photograph. A must-have in my library.
Published on Aug. 10 2011 by Doogs

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not that good if u have the previous edition
As other reviewers have said if you allready own the previous version of this book, then maybe you should think twice before spending money on this edition, some of the techniques are exactly the same. I personally find Kelby's sense of humour a bit irritating, just get on with the techniques and stop pretending being sooooo funny. A little kick here and there is ok, but...
Published on Jan. 21 2004 by Teco

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Tool, Aug. 10 2011
This review is from: The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., May 31 2005
By A Customer
I love this book. When I bought it, it was not discounted and it was around $70 and I hemmed and hawed but it was so worth it. There is an implication that it is for professional digital photographers but don't let that sway you too much. I'm far from professional and have found this book to be absolutely worthwile. It's a must have if you own CS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for casual users of Photoshop, Oct. 21 2004
Vuthy Chrun (Brossard, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
If you are like me, who enjoy taking pictures more than spending endless hours learning Photoshop, you will like this book as it is organized in such a way that you can directly jump into the chapters that deal with problems that people want to solve with Photoshop. Through step-by-step instructions supported by lots of color pictures, the author shows you how to do it.
If you forget the commands after a few days, it is very easy to follow the instructions and examples again next time you need to know how to do it.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to quickly learn the most useful functions to improve digital images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the Best, Aug. 31 2004
Brian (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
Everything you wanted in digital photography instruction, for the beginner and intermediate photographer using Photoshop CS, is in this book. The instruction is clear, concise and in ordinary, plain old English. It is an excellent purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book for Beginers, July 14 2004
Michael Brown (Shapleigh, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
Recently I read four of the books currently available for Photoshop CS . This book was one of them and it was the weakest in terms of both the style of writing and content.\\
The author points out that he wrote the book "because not one other book he reviewed covered digital noise". I do have to give him some credit here because digital noise is not addressed in most of the other books. The problem is this is the only issue that I found to be unique to this book.
Overall, I guess in an attempt to lighten up the subject you are subjected to endless silly little joking followed by very simplistic techniques for handling various digital imaging problems.
This book my actually be fine for a beginner or someone that does not want to really understand the subject. For me it was a dissapointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and excellent, July 6 2004
Mark Hubert (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
I found this to be well-written & easy to follow. I bought it for the techniques, & being a new Photoshop user I wanted to start doing things rather than wade through a bible. Well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny and Then Some!!!, June 27 2004
I had been playing around a little in Photoshop Elements for a few months and then took advantage of a GREAT upgrade price to Photoshop CS. I had read where others used CS and LOVED the curves feature and actions... all these things and while I was trying to figure out what made them great, I was not getting the professional results I wanted.
I opened this book and immediately did some incredible stuff in Photoshop CS and I am basically new to the program. He has a great writing style...does not bore you with the stuff that bogs you down in other books to the point you feel like you aren't getting anywhere. He gives you initial settings so you can see fast results then teaches you how to customize if you want to go there.
Just a great book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars neat photoshop fixes for photographers, May 30 2004
gregferrin@hotmail.com (Pima, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Happily, I found much more in here than I expected. Kelby knows his stuff, has it well organized, explains it in perfect detail. You won't get lost in extracting a subject from a photo or doing a little body work to make a good picture great. We all wanted to know how to do those little tummy tucks . . . Kelby saves us a lot of work by showing how to do it right the first time. You will not waste time digging for the right method, it's right here, and he makes it simple to follow.
One complaint: While he uses nice color photos throughout, the top 1 3/4 inches is devoted to title and a narrow photo strip. A lot of wasted real estate in a book only 375 numbered pages long. While the chapters are started with excellent photos, most the photos highlighting the technics are rather boring, but all are useful to illustrate his point. A few were down right annoying (subjective judgement - but that's my perception). Overall, a highly valued, worthwhile addition to my photoshop library, I'm impressed with the technical information, which is what I bought it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Portrait Bible, May 16 2004
Kepela "kepela" (Chatsworth, CA United States) - See all my reviews
It is amazing what you can do with Photoshop and this book, and sooooo easily!!! I was able to take a digital head and shoulders photo of a woman and soften the completion, reduce the size of the nose, brighten the eyes, whiten the teeth, remove the background and replace it with a portrait studio type back drop, fix the hair and all within minutes. I am not expert by any means, but I was able to produce and expert looking portrait. I'm amazed with myself! Thanks Scott, this book is wonderful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Easy Read, May 13 2004
Leo Mckenzie III "solocomputerservices" (RALEIGH, NC United States (RTP)) - See all my reviews
This book by Scott Kelby is a full color book that basically teaches how to digitally work on digital photos within Photoshop. The book has very nice color pages and the material is easy to read and understand. The only complaint that I have about the book is that a lot of the tips within the book are the same tips. The main thing different about them is the procedure that you use to get there. I would not recommend this book for an advanced Photoshop user, but I highly recommend it for someone new to Photoshop.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xc13c11e0)

The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers
The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby (Paperback - Dec 4 2003)
CDN$ 41.99 CDN$ 26.45
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available