5.0 out of 5 stars It works
15 years ago I was a high performance kayaker. I did not understand all those complicated workouts then ... Recently (3 years ago) I started kayaking seriously again and won age group competitions at all levels accross North America.
Published on Oct. 29 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Training Montage
I am new to periodization and training scheduling for team and individual sports, I must say this book is giving me enough to go for to start creating my first schedules in terms of conditioning and preparation. Comparison between East European and north American athletic preparation is used and it goes in enough details to keep reader supplied with a lot of knowledge
Published on Nov. 21 2011 by T. Pintaric

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, Oct. 29 2002
By A Customer
Periodization is what produces results. It is based on science which combined with expertise and experience will yield results. I have been watching the development teams and now involved in workout design. This book provides a clear description of the general issues and lets you peek into the specifics. Of course, you cannot just coach by reading a book. But if you are a coach or an athlete with serious experince, this book is going to make a lot of sense to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars in depth view, May 16 2000
By A Customer
this book is very informative to those wanting to know more about periodization. It covers everything a person would need to know. Bompa's best text to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't argue with the king, Aug. 5 2002
If you are interested in a book that will help you map out your progress THIS IS THE BOOK!
The diffrense with Bompa and others is he started Periodisation and worked with elit athletes more than 30 years with this system.
He actually learns you something with his books and don't just say that he will. He writes a bit messy but that's maybe my limited english that is limiting me.
Oh well, a top notch book for the serious trainer and trainee.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for various applications, Feb. 11 2012
This review is from: Periodization-5th Edition: Theory and Methodology of Training (Hardcover)
This is a text book that can be used to help design a strength and conditioning program for various sports. It includes some good suggestions on supplements as well as various methods of speeding up recovery. One of the things I really like is some of the paradigms it lays out for varying load.

3.0 out of 5 stars Training Montage, Nov. 21 2011
T. Pintaric "True_reader" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Oct. 10 2014
A classic!

Periodization-5th Edition: Theory and Methodology of Training
Periodization-5th Edition: Theory and Methodology of Training by G. Gregory Haff (Hardcover - June 22 2009)
CDN$ 69.95 CDN$ 66.42