4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!
I read this series years ago and liked it so I thought I would add it to my library. Reading it again now 10 years later it is better then I remembered and am very happy I got it! All four books are a good read!
Published 4 months ago by T

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable!!!!!
For a first time reader of Lori Wick, I was amazed to discover that this book was too predictable and didn't capture my full attention. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys predictable stories.
Published on Dec 22 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, March 23 2014
T (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So enjoyable!, Oct. 20 2005
Tricia (Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hawk and the Jewel (Paperback)
I have read every book that Lori Wick has written, but this remains my favorite. The characters are intersting and real, without being so "perfect" like alot of Lori Wick's characters are. I always have a hard time putting this book down before I'm finished and I've read it many times....her best work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling Beginning, July 3 2004
This review is from: Hawk And The Jewel #1 (Paperback)
Shani, ward of the emir of Darhabar, finds her world shattering when she must leave the land she knows to explore her future in Victorian England. Following her through her troubled teenaged years learning to be a proper English lady, she must explore her feelings for the dashing Hawk and the God who could ensnare her freedom, to offer her peace as she's never known before. A wildly romantic book, the reader follows this thrilling, unconventional lady. An absolute must for lover's of Lori Wick and Victorian England!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entralling Beginning, July 3 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time through and just as wonderful!, April 27 2004
This review is from: The Hawk and the Jewel (Paperback)
I had read this book of Lori Wick's maybe a year ago but had forgotten it really until I had a strange longing to pick it up and read it again. Oh, it was worth it! Yet again Lori Wick wisked me away into another world. She is realistic, yet has just enough drama to keep me on my toes; even when I know the entire plot! I fell in love with Sunny, Brandon, Holly, Jorden, and all the others all over again. And Sunny's salvation was just as heartfelt and wonderful as ever before, it really brought tears to my eyes. A definate read for anyone who enjoys a wholesome romance...and a to-be classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Written, April 25 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Hawk and the Jewel (Hardcover)
Lori Wick was able to capture the beauty of love within the realms of a Christ centered relationship. Way to go Lori, the world needs to read how God intended love to be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable!!!!!, Dec 22 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read..., July 9 2003
Vicki Williamson (Monroe, Ga United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hawk And The Jewel #1 (Paperback)
As a huge fan of Lori Wick, I couldn't wait to read this book and of course, she didn't disappoint me. I enjoyed this book and I thoroughly enjoyed "watching" Sunny blossom from a stubborn, independent girl into a serene, beautiful young woman. However, I do feel that certain parts of the book could've been developed a little more such as the mystery with the box and the emir. The back of the book made it seem like there would be much more to that part of the story and I was filled with much anticipation, so when I got to the part when Sunny and the emir had their last confrontation I was highly disappointed. I also definitely wish (as a hopeless romantic) that she would've united Brandon and Sunny much sooner in the book.
Other than that I believe the book to be well-written, very entertaining and also very inspiring. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating and Romantic, June 28 2003
B Jones (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hawk And The Jewel #1 (Paperback)
Lori Wick is one of my favorite Christian fiction authors. This book captured my attention from the get-go. I did not want to put it down and before I was one-third of the way through, I knew I had to have the other books in Kensington Chronicles Series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intruiging, May 18 2003
Raychelle Wheeler (Elkland, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hawk And The Jewel #1 (Paperback)
Lori Wick is my absolute favorite Author.
Her stories have the right amount of danger, romance, and comdedy that book needs. They leave you with a feeling of contentment. The hawk and the jewel was no different. I loved watching Sunny grow up, and become a christian, and seeing her and Brandon struggle to accept their feelings for each-other. also, you can tell how strong a writer's faith is through their books. the bible says, "and you shall know them by their fruits." i think Lori wick has done an excellent job on this book.

The Hawk and the Jewel
The Hawk and the Jewel by Lori "Wick " (Paperback - Jan. 1 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.24