Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

on April 25, 2004
I am so impressed with this author. A friend of mine some time ago gave my wife and I "The Power of a Praying Wife" and "The Power of a Praying Husband." When I first read the book I couldn't get through it. As a Catholic Christian I thought that spending a chapter on submission was ridiculous, outdated, and downright fundamentalist. I nearly threw the book away, but instead shoved it into my bookshelf, assuming it to be yet another book by an undereducated fundamentalist someone decided to burden me with.
However, my wife and I were arguing about something about six months later, and I thought to myself "stop yelling and get quiet... I can't hear God when I'm loud." I apologized and went to my study, and there on the book shelf was "The Power of a Praying Husband." Aright I thought, prayer is ALWAYS the best answer, lets pray,
I began doing a chapter a day. I say "doing" because at the end of each chapter there are prayers, and I prayed them seriously. I also began "doing." I realize many readers of this review will probably think I am going to hell for this, but I believe that faith without works is dead, so I began acting on the implications of what is in the book. I took control of our finances so my wife wouldn't have to worry about paying the bills. She has so much to do already. I started picking up around the house to help her. I started to do so much MORE than I used to. I realized something through the process. I was not an enlightened person in a modern marriage. I was lazy! I began to feel better about myself and more empowered, especially in that I was in charge of the finances and paying the bills etc. My wife became less burdened and much more happy. Our sex life improved and I received a greater sense of purpose in my manhood. Our lives have become happier.
This is not an academic book. I spend most of my reading time on serious theology, scripture, and on the history of the early church. I had to get "un-snoby" and read with the simple eyes of a man seeking to be a better and Christian husband. Praise God I did. This book was literally life changing. My wife and I keep our copies of our respective editions by the bed. Really folks, BOTH you and your spouse need to read BOTH editions before judging whether or not this author has an appropriate and Christian agenda. We reread and redo the chapters pretty regularly and our marriage is more rewarding than ever before. I recommend this book wholeheartedly. If found that when I let go of my arrogance and prayed with the book, my life improved.
Thanks stormie!
on August 15, 2001
I was going through a very trying time in my marriage and was led to this book, I found out that I do have power and can help my wife cope with the emotions, fears and insecurities in her life, Before I would shy away from her when I did not know what to say or do, I thank GOD for this book. If you are a man needing the tools to be a good husband this book is for you.
on January 5, 2002
My wife has been reading and re-reading "The Power of a Praying Wife" for some time now. For Christmas, she got me "The Power of a Praying Husband."
This is a simple-to-read, yet very practical book. It covers twenty different areas in which women need their husbands' prayers, including such areas as her spirit, emotions, motherhood, relationships, sexuality, trust, fears, and her desires. A separate (but brief) chapter is devoted to each topic.
At the end of each chapter, there are seven specific items related to that area about which a husband can pray. Following that is a brief testimony from a husband who implemented prayers in that area, and then a "sample" prayer. Each chapter closes with several Scripture verses related to the topic.
I am incorporating these twenty areas into my daily prayers for my wife. I'd recommend this book for anyone who wants to enrich their prayer life and improve their relationship with their wife!
on April 15, 2002
i read your review and it is obvious you did not read the book,
the power of a praying wife is a wonderful book and she does not bash husbands at all, (this is how i know you did not read it).
she makes you take a look at yourself, she makes you correct yourself (women) and the workbook along with the book makes you grow even the more, you do so much praying in each chapter you can not help but to come out blessed, how could you even make such a dum statement, unless you do not like praying, if this is true then maybe this is not the book for you. but for anyone that loves God, the book is a true blessing. i picked up the power of a praying husband and i really enjoyed what i have read so far, if this book is anything like the power of a praying wife, then it too is remarkable.
on March 22, 2002
About 5 months ago I got engaged to a great women of Christ. I wanted to help her and support her in everything she did in life. I found this book to help me so I can help her. The author really touches on all parts of a womens life. She also gives insight on how women act during times of stress and other good and bad times. This book teaches how men can support women in there walk with the Lord and how to pray for and with your wife and girlfriend. To me it is a must have if you are in a relationship and love the person you are with.
on October 2, 2001
When I saw this book in the bookstore, I immediately got curious. Obviously it is not for me but I thought all husbands should have one. I immediately bought a copy each for my husband, brothers,& brothers-in-law.
Since I intend to give these copies for Christmas, I have to keep in a safe place where my husband will not accidentally see. I manage to read it once in a while in his absence & as a wife, I think I will benefit from this if he reads it.
The question though is if he really will.
on September 14, 2001
I found this little book place by my bed. It looked so much like the "Power of the Praying Wife" just couldn't be for me. When I opened my wife had a note."I love you if you read it."It was great..As a newlywed it had a lot of points that I knew about but had been praying was like having confirmation.The best wedding or Christmas gift one could give to a new couple or couple who value their relationship. Great book.
on April 2, 2002
Not only has Stormie written a book to encourage and lead husbands to be praying for their wives, but she has also provided numerous insights into women. Her insights are new and unique. I ain't an expert, but have listened to Focus on The Family and read and taught all kinds of Christian literature for about 20-yrs. and I am impressed with this book.
Get it, read it, and pray it. Both you and your wife will be blessed.
on August 24, 2001
Thank God for Stormie! This book has been a great influence in my prayer life. She covers every topic imaginable that pertains to your wife's daily life -- from her husband and children to her greatest fears, purpose in life, and work. I read something from this book everyday to help me understand my wife better and so that I can pray better to help her be the woman God intends for her to be. Thank you Stormie!
on October 11, 2002
Though I love her other two books, this one is a disappointment. A very bad example of communication between husband and wife at the beginning and more 'insults' to loving and caring husband to follow. I bought this book for my husband but I don't think I will have him read it.