5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
This is one of those books that as soon as you pick it up you won't put it down until you've turned the last page.
You don't have to wait long until you fall completely in love with both Anne and Weston.
Published on April 14 2004 by Elizabeth Merry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure of this book
Published on Feb. 10 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, April 14 2004
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
Like a true English gentleman, Weston offers to marry Anne after he finds out that because of his rash actions Anne's reputation has suffered. I eagerly anticipated each new development in their marriage.
I loved all of the English Garden Series, but this one is by far my favorite!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure of this book, Feb. 10 2004
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
Well, I really cannot say that I have finished reading the book. I will have to do so. But, I do have to say that I was a bit dissapointed. Personally, I believe that Wick's best work is in a historical western setting. This book seems nice, but I can't help but be cynical about the environment. The gossipers are believeable, but not the christian people. How could there be so many? If so, their views of christianity are different that what ours are. Since when does the aristocracy care about God on a personal level? Those who were religious where strict in their discipline. Plus, a pastor? They had vicars back then. I find it a bit historically inacurate. I suppose I should not criticize, I mean after all, it is fiction. What can I expect right? I do have to say that I like Wick, but not so much in this series. I'll have to read more to form an exact opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure of this book, Feb. 10 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever!!, Jan. 11 2004
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
I thought this book was great. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. "The Rescue" shows you all about love and how you can learn to love someone. I would recommend this book to everybody. No matter what age you are you are going to love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book Ever!!, Aug. 10 2003
Eileen A Merry (Moran, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
In the two weeks I've owned this book I have read it four times. I have never read
a book that I have enjoyed more. I found once I started I couldn't put it down until
I read the last page and it's the same way each time I read it. I love all the books in
the English Garden Series but this one is by far my favorite.
You quickly fall in love with both Weston and Anne, and delight in each new development
in their relationship with each other and with God. If you're new to Lori Wick's books,
this is a wonderful one to start with.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book Ever!!, Aug. 10 2003
Eileen A Merry (Moran, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
the English Garden Series but this one is by far my favorite.
this is a wonderful one to start with.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Enjoyable Read!!, July 31 2003
Ruth H. Burton "hlhsmom" (Louisiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
The Rescue is probably my favorite of all of Lori Wick's books. It does not have the depth that some of her other books have, but it is a most enjoyable read. It is fast paced, and I was unable to put it down until I finished it. This is book #2 in The English Garden Series, but you could read it on it's own without missing too much. The entire series is wonderful, however, so you may as well read them all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trusting God for love, Feb. 10 2003
Dawn Kessinger (Lima, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
I don't know about it being Wick's best (I can't decide which of her series I love the most), but The Rescue is as good as any of her other series. Anne is a sweet young woman who has lost her mother and is living with and trying to take care of a father who has been ill and who has some mental challenges; she has lost almost all of her possessions and the house she is living in is sadly in need of repairs. Anne is attempting to attend to some of those house repairs when Robert Weston, whom she has never met as he is just getting ready to move into the area, startles her and she ends up receiving her first rescue from Weston as he rescues her from a nasty fall. Unfortunately, Anne's father mistakes the closeness between her and Weston and his mind won't accept any excuses for them not to be married...immediately! I won't ruin any more of the surprises; I will say, however, that this book does a good job of illustrating how people's gossip (and how they sometimes believe the worst without evidence) can really hurt an innocent person - and that Christians are not exempt from the pain they can cause by gossiping. Also - God will provide, including someone to love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Nov. 23 2002
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
This book is very good! It's written very well and the plot is interesting. At first when I read it, I was like, what the heck! But it is now one of my favorites that I read in a day. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, Nov. 12 2002
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
"The Rescue," of the English Garden series, by Lori Wick is really good and well worth reading. It's one of my favorites of hers. It's a good story in general well written, and all interesting, and hard to put down.

ARRAY(0xc0de351c)

The Rescue
The Rescue by Lori Wick (Paperback - Jan. 1 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.01