5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!
Published on Jan. 10 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Only useful for the 1st time mother
Published on March 23 2004 by JWT

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!, Jan. 10 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Multiple Pregnancy Sourcebook: Pregnancy and the First Year with Twins, Triplets, and More (Paperback)
I discovered this book about halfway through my pregnancy and was so disappointed not to have found it sooner! It is by far the best twin pregnancy book I have read. A twin pregnancy is such a unique experience and after reading a general pregnancy book or two, you find yourself with lots of questions left unanswered. I kept asking myself, "But how will this be different for me?" Nancy Bowers has the answers. This book is well-organized, well-researched, and covers all aspects of multiple pregnancy in an honest, forth-right manner. Part III "The Joys and Challenges of Being High Risk" can be a bit overwhelming. Here, Bowers reviews the possible problems that can arise during a multiple pregnancy, however she is not alarmist about it. Rather she frequently points out that statistically most of the problems seldom occur. I found it informative and was glad to have the risks spelled out; others might find it somewhat frightening if not kept in perspective --most multiple pregnancies/births are normal and healthy. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant with my twins and reference this book all the time. I had my husband read it and he found it an informative, easy read. We are about to be first time parents and welcome all the info we can get on this very unique experience. Truly a must read for all parents expecting multiples!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!!!, April 11 2002
Angela Preimesberger "angeltod" (Where the miilitary sends us....) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent!!! This book is jam packed with tons of information on multiple pregnancies. However, it is not for the timid. The risks are spelled out to you extremely well and may frighten some people. But the risks are there and they are very real. You have to look at it in perspective (for instance, if it says 30% fatality, that's 70% who survive...)
I was looking for information on twins when I stumbled upon this book. I wanted a book to "spell it all out" vs just a little paragraph or page in the average pregnancy book. I wanted to "know it all" and was satisfied with this book. Definetly recommended!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Overall Intro. to Multiples, Jan. 30 2004
By A Customer
The complications with a multiple birth can hardly be tackled in-depth in any one volume, but this book does a great job balancing common-sense medical wisdos and spelling out the innumerable risks to mother and babies. Your OB-GYN can point you to another book that deals with your specific medical problems. As a present for being stuck in bed-rest,I gave my wife: "I SLEEP AT RED LIGHTS: A TRUE STORY OF LIFE AFTER TRIPLETS," by Bruce Stockler, and she loved it. The funniest and most hopeful book about the troubles of multiples and parenting in general. Good luck to all mutiples parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Right on target., March 22 2004
When I was pregnant with my twins, I was looking for a book that was very factual. I wanted the facts, I wanted the numbers, and I wanted it in a straight way. This book does just that. It's no sugar-coated description of a multiple pregnancy and its possible risks. I would greatly recommended to all expecting multiples.
However, as much as I thought I was prepared, I really wasn't. My twins came 2 months earlier and spent 6 weeks in the NICU. I kept referring to the book as the babies were resting in the hospital. They are now happy and healthy and very active 19 month olds! Good luck!

2.0 out of 5 stars Only useful for the 1st time mother, March 23 2004
JWT "Mom" (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I have no doubt that this book is great for the first time mother, but for someone who has had a child previously, there was not a lot of new information. There is a lot of good basic pregnancy information here, but much of the multiple pregnancy info could be concluded from singleton pregnancy books and good common sense. I wanted specific information on what I could do to prevent pre-term labor, how much to eat and what, and my limitations. This book did not enlighten me very much at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book!, May 13 2003
I bought this book the day after I found out I was having twins and didn't put it down my entire pregnancy. This is a wonderful book. It's written with the unique joys and trials of a multiple pregnancy spelled out clearly. The author is factual and friendly without being preachy like some other pregnancy books I read. It covers both the emotional and physical aspects of a multiple pregnancy and does a great job of preparing the reader for labor and birth(s).

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides parents with an excellent guide to multiple births, June 7 2001
Multiple Pregnancy Sourcebook provides parents with an excellent guide to multiple births; from infertility technology and prenatal testing and development to the birth of multiples and adapting a life to raise multiples. Chapters provide advice, review common procedures and possible complications, and provide all the details needed to understand the different requirements and events of a multiple birth.

CDN$ 22.95 CDN$ 16.75