5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle read, July 23 2000
By A Customer
Having recently lost my father, I've felt unable to comfort my mother fully (can anyone?), but this book has given me much needed insight into how to help my mother cope with her sudden singleness. Ginsburg's empathy (she herself was unprepared for widowhood) and intelligence (her prose isn't rife with the self-help jargon that doesn't come naturally to many of us) permeate each insightful page. She details not only the facts of widowhood (living alone, eating alone, suriving alone) but also includes personal commentary that places her words in much-needed context. I will purchase copies for my mother and sister, and I believe that they will now begin to understand that it's "okay" to feel anger, and sadness, and hopelessness. Ginsburg validates one's feelings, and no one else has been able to do that for me/us yet. This is a very special book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Read for any Widow, April 18 2003
By A Customer
I purchased this book as a gift for friend when she lost her husband. She contacted me right away saying how much she enjoyed the book - how it was helping her - the best she'd read - it's exactly how I feel - these were her comments. I've purchased several for other friends since - they all say the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best at Capturing the Emtional Turmoil of Losing a Spouse, Oct. 13 2002
By A Customer
I read several "widow" books after losing my husband suddenly to a heart attack and this book did the best job of capturing the emotional turmoil of losing a spouse. It is very difficult to cope with the unwelcome changes in ones life and this book helps to guide the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you see that you are normal., April 9 2014
This review is from: Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life (Paperback)
This book is an excellent read for anyone who has lost a spouse. The situations presented throughout are very realistic, and make you understand that you are normal, and this journey needs to be done on YOUR time, and no one else's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, March 7 2014
Becky (New Brunswick) - See all my reviews
I unexpectedly became a widow at 34. This book helped me understand why I was feeling the way I was and to know that many other people on this journey also felt the way I did. I recommended this book to my young widows group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Widow to widow, Feb. 3 2014
UNDERSTANDING WHATS HAPPENING EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL MAKES THIS PAINFUL JOURNEY A BIT EASIER. WHEN READING GENEVIEVES BOOK I FOUND MYSELF AND MY FEELINGS AND ACTS MIRRORED MANY TIMES. HER PRACTICAL ADVICE COMES WITH KNOWLEDGE THAT REALLY HELPED ME A LOT.

4.0 out of 5 stars very wise, July 12 2013
It was very helpful at a very trying time - have since recommended it to other new widows who also found it helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Help for widows, Sept. 29 2011
I found the book "Widow to Widow" to be a very practical and helpful guide in stabilizing my life after I became a widow. From the first shock of widowhood it opens your eyes and mind to what has happened and how many have dealt with it. It discusses the many feelings and emotions as well as problems a widow encounters and reassures this is the norm. I read and re-read many times as I am progressing. It is a comfortable and thoughtful guide and companion through the pain of loosing someone you love and the changes and difficulties of re-building your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Widow to Widow, April 10 2011
this is an extremely good book for a new widow or any widow for that matter to read. I have read it twice and it is a big help with my grieving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God, a reality book!, Aug. 27 2002
Christine Brown (La Habra, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I read a multitude of books after loosing my husband right before the holidays. Ms. Ginsburg "hit the nail" on the head for most of the REAL things I wold be facing. It was honest, humorous and convinced me I wasn't going crazy.

Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life
Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg (Paperback - Aug. 18 2004)
CDN$ 19.50 CDN$ 14.08