5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For All Pregnant Women
This book is a must read for all pregnant women. It is a light read but I could only read a chapter at a time since I was laughing uncontrollably! I will buy this book for all of my friends once they become pregnant!
Published 3 months ago by k

2.0 out of 5 stars The voice does not go with the words!
Published on Feb. 12 2010 by CanadianNewMum

2.0 out of 5 stars The voice does not go with the words!, Feb. 12 2010
This audio book was my first try at listening to a book in the car. I don't think I liked the book that much, I found the first few chapters funny but then felt it was just a long list of complaints. Pregnancy isn't all that bad for me so I have a hard time relating. And the voice for this audio book is not Jenny McCarthy and sounds like someone who has never used foul language before which really took away from the whole book. Hard to laugh at "I am so friggin' miserable" when it sounds like a diction teacher saying it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but nothing special., July 17 2004
fingerhead (Madison, WI USA) - See all my reviews
Let me begin this by saying that I've always found Jenny McCarthy funny.
That aside, this book could have been so much better. Yes, it's refreshing to see a pregnancy book that discusses topics conveniently left out of most others. It just seemed like she threw the entire thing together in an afternoon. Or less. As I read each chapter, I kept hoping she would have written more or expanded on her experience.
Overall, it was very disappointing. I expected much more from her. Maybe the next one will be better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Funny, June 26 2004
By A Customer
I couldn't wait for this book to be released. It looked so funny! Well, I gave it two stars for several reasons.
1) The swearing was a little hard to take. I had read about that in other reviews, but I still didn't care for it. Call me a prude if you like...
2)It just wasn't "laugh out loud" funny. Maybe I had seen too much hype. You know how sometimes things just don't stack up. There was one part where I sort of chuckled, but that was about it.
3) I LOVE being pregnant. After years of trying and 4 miscarriages, every pregnancy symptom is a huge blessing. Yeah, they can been a pain (literally), but this made it sound like torture. For me, at least, it's not.
I will say the ending of the book made earned some big points. I wish the entire book could have been written in that endearing style.
Since it looks like I'm the only one not in love with this book, let the slamming begin...

1.0 out of 5 stars It was *sometimes* (thus the 1 star) funny, but..., May 25 2004
By A Customer
on my second pregnancy with a month to go, I found most of it to be really crass (according to the editorial review that makes me 'uptight'). I also don't care how/why/if she is a celebrity and I got tired of her bringing it up in every chapter (which, by the way, really have no substance to them at all). There are so many funnier, more interesting, informative, and in depth pregnant and 'mommy' books out there ('Girlfriend's Guide', 'I Don't Know How She Does It', etc.) that I found this one to be a huge waste of money. I *might* encourage someone to borrow it from the library, but never to buy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly., June 2 2014
dschantson (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I read the whole thing because I had a chunk of time and the chapters were short, but it wasn't worth it. Never could muster any empathy for her despite being pregnant myself. Kept thinking, "why was this published?" the whole time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, May 4 2014
This review is from: Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth (Paperback)
I had heard this was a funny book but I found it to be a bit of a downer and whiny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For All Pregnant Women, April 25 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Jenny, Feb. 20 2014
Needs to be longer! Love it. I wish I had it for my first pregnancy!
It's nice to hear of someone famous experiencing all the same things. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, Dec 27 2013
Unlike most of the other reviews, I really liked this book. It made me laugh, it made me cry, all whilst being educational. Its like hearing the information from one of your girlfriends - telling it like it is :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, Dec 5 2013
This book was ok, its basically Jenny telling a few stories from her pregnancy. it's really short and each chapter is about 3 pages. I think I just expected more of a story then what is basically excerpts from every pregnancy book I've ever read. Not terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth
Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy (Paperback - Dec 13 2005)
CDN$ 16.50 CDN$ 12.05