4.0 out of 5 stars Ani's Book
I found this book VERY informative.
It had lots of interesting information on food that I was not expecting.
It had quite a few pictures, but one thing I did not like was that most of them were in black and white.
Published on April 6 2011 by MamaC

3.0 out of 5 stars Black & White pictures?! Really?!
Ani is probably one of the best raw food chefs I have heard of and I have been following on my journey to eating completely raw. But as a first timer in the whole raw food eating, I was REALLY VERY DISAPPOINTED by the fact that most of the pictures (99%) are in black and white?!
Published on March 24 2011 by healthy_living

3.0 out of 5 stars Black & White pictures?! Really?!, March 24 2011
This review is from: Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art Of Live Food (Hardcover)
I have been on her website countless times and the fact that I see all these yummy treats in COLOR is what really motivates me and encourages me to continue onto my journey.
The book is very well organized and I am sure there is a LOT of useful information in it...but the fact that there are only 5-6 images of her delicious treats in color is really saddening :(

I have never seen a cookbook (or recipes book) that contains so little color images. It takes away the whole excitment and will to try the recipes :(

Maybe the book will grow on me despite the lack of color.... I am still a big FAN of Ani Phyo though, but this was very disappointing to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ani's Book, April 6 2011
I found this book VERY informative.
It had lots of interesting information on food that I was not expecting.
It is a good starter book for those looking to get into Raw Foods..but I warn you, MOST recipes involve using a food dehydrator, So if you don't have one and are looking to not purchase one, this book may not be for you.
Overall, the recipes look simple and delicious, and I would definitely recommend buying this book for the fact that it has good info and good recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars true essentials, Feb. 13 2011
Ani Phyo covers the raw food bases in this book.
i think this book would appeal to the raw food newbies and oldbies alike.
the recipes i've tried are easy to follow and delicious.
there is a good range of recipes from breakfast to dinner.
my favorites are the ones with the fewest ingredients.
the recipe for tamari almonds calls for only 2-3 hours dehydration, but if you're using soaked and sprouted
almonds, or live in a humid or cold climate, i feel they can be dehydrated up to 24 hours to get a nice crunchy finished product.
Ani included a cute section at the back about her dog, which i appreciated since i've got raw fed dogs. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw is best, Jan. 2 2011
This book by Ani is great for learning about a raw food diet, what is consists of and many recipes that are pretty simple. It is hard to follow a raw food diet in areas where organic is limited along with the selection but it does help with beginning the process and doing what you can with you surroundings. I was hooked from the first page.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful and informative, May 26 2014
I like the instructions on various alternative food choices. The photos are inspirational too.
Great help for eating more naturally.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the best raw food receipe, March 5 2014
I Search a lot raw food recipe online but didn't find anyone.
This is the really raw food, and Ani is pretty ladies, if you want detox your body, need the raw food highly recommend this one, you will like it. This shipping is really fast. Like Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for all (especially vegans), Jan. 27 2014
This book is primarily more focused on vegan recipes. I've tried several of the recipes, and it has definitely helped me be more creative with my food preparations. I love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, healthy, energizing food!, Feb. 21 2011
Ani makes "uncooking" easy with her raw food cookbook. Simple yet delicious recipes. I love her book and have had many successful meals!

5.0 out of 5 stars xoxo, Oct. 30 2014
The title of the book says it all!

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Equipment Needed, May 31 2011
Amazon Customer (Oakville, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Most recipes need a dehydrator and/or a high speed blender to make them. If you have already spent $700+ to buy this equipment, than the book will be wonderfully useful. I however only have a little blender and a food processor, and found very few recipes I can make. I'm returning the book first chance I have.

CDN$ 35.50 CDN$ 22.37