5.0 out of 5 stars It works!
Published 22 months ago by Laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes
The book have good recipes, very easy to follow. I'm not a vegetarian but loved to try these new recipes.
Published 7 months ago by Nathalie Thibault

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, June 17 2012
This review is from: Ani's 15-Day Fat Blast: The Kick-Ass Plan to Get Lighter, Tighter, and Sexier . . . Super Fast (Hardcover)
I am not a raw food vegan and I enjoyed this diet. I have been stuck at the same weight for about a year and back in January I noticed it starting to go up, and there was little I could do to control it. For those who are not aware of the trend, you don't have to be 100% raw food vegan to go raw. Something as making a simple conscious effort as adding a salad at lunch, fresh fruit for a snack, and dinner is considered raw. Raw is about striving to add more whole, uncooked, and unprocessed food to your diet. Most people eat 'raw' without knowing it. I like Ani because she is one of the more moderate Raw advocates out there, even acknowledging sometimes you just need a hot food in area that have colder months(like Canada!).

I lost 14 lbs on this diet in two weeks, pairing it with a boot-camp type workout 5 times a week. I was never hungry (in fact, sometimes I couldn't finish all the food), and my blood stayed level. I finished about a month a ago and the weight has stayed off, in fact by incorporating some of the recipes into my routine I am still loosing weight. The food is very flavorful which is also nice (for all the health benefits you hear about herds and spices I never understood why some diets were so bland). Although I am not going to lie, there were times when I just had to chug some of the soups and smoothies. The one thing you need to invest in is a high speed blender or good quality blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and delicious, May 27 2012
Karine Laplante (Asbestos, Quï¿bec Canada) - See all my reviews
Like all of Any Phyo's book, this one proposes delicious recipes. Most of all, all of the recipes are simple, requiring no dehydrating or special tools except for a good blender. She also proposes a 15 day calendar easy to follow. For now, I have tried 7 recipes and liked all of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, Sept. 9 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and informative, March 19 2013
My partner and I did this cleanse together, and I will say we felt great. It did really,really, make me wise I had a better blender. I think this whole program would have been more palatable with a Vitamix. As is, it was still fun and educational, it was nice to realize raw is something doable and not tonnes of work. Personally, I just need more variety in my life- so many soups taste the same, even if they have slightly different ingredients. The salads though, I still eat all the time. She has some really great and delectable ideas when it comes to solid food. I would suggest this to anyone who has some background experience with raw food, vegan food, and smoothies, who is looking to challenge themselves and clean up their system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable recipes, lots of tips, March 11 2013
I have most of Ani's books now and, frankly, this is one of her better ones. While I have enjoyed a number of her recipes in the past, I have found she does like to add quite a bit of oil to some dishes (mainly her soups). In my opinion, her strong point has always been her salads and "mylks". In this book she has added coconut oil and nuts to many recipes; however, there are recommendations for substitutions and/or offending ingredients can simply be omitted. She puts an emphasis on Omega 3s, which ties in well with another book I recently purchased, "Ray and Beyond" and the plan seems well designed. Ani writes in her typical informal style, but this seems to be her way of trying to provide as much info as possible in small bites.

In general, I'm happy I purchased this book and I'm enjoying incorporating the new recipes into my meal planning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ani's 15 -Day Fat Blast changed the way I eat, July 27 2013
I loved the book, I loved the recipes and I loved the way I felt while I was doing it. I now continue to eat raw about 75% of the time. I lost some weight but it is the way I feel eating this way that really impressed me. It is an anti-inflammatory diet and aches and pains disappear. I am sold on Organic and continue to get the reverse osmosis/alkaline water. I have told so many people about this cleanse/detox/diet and they have embraced it as well. I think Ani Phyo is brilliant and I am looking forward to getting her other books. The recipes are so great I continue to be excited trying new ones. I know if I over do it on the w/e I can revert back to the diet and get back on track. This book has changed my life!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sensationalist quick money grab. Hungry all the time., July 8 2013
I purchased this particular book because it offered a varied meal plan and I was looking for some inspiration to get me back on the raw food wagon. I followed this plan to a tee and while I lost 7-10lbs in 2 weeks, I was hungry all the time. I am a petite person, not an overeater and am not overweight so I was surprised to find that I was very hungry so often for most of the 15 days. I definitely felt leaner and tighter, as the book promised, but I think that is mostly due to the fact that my stomach was practically empty. Hits and misses with respect to the recipes. Some were absolutely delicious and some, wretchedly inedible. The title is embarrassingly sensationalist and it was extremely frustrating to read how many times Ani Phyo plugged her other books. I was miserable while consuming most of the liquid recipes in this book and have gained back all of the "fat" I "blasted." If you're looking for a way to go raw, I recommend a different guide. I will be going back to Victoria Boutenko.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knockout..., June 3 2013
Elizabeth Ellison "Living Green" (Sherwood Park, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
As always, Ani Phyo's books are loaded with fantastic information in an easy to absorb format. Her recipes are delicious and she appeals to all levels of raw foodists.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much fat, Aug. 13 2012
First of all, there are too many ingredients to buy and most of them are crazy expensive. I have no interest in trying most of the recipes. I have been raw before (and vegan for 10 years) and have been following the raw diet for the past few weeks.(P.S. Honey is NOT vegan).

I can't imagine putting all that coconut oil and nuts into everything! Yuck. I suppose she wrote this book for people eating the SAD diet, so for them it's a major improvement. For me, it's the reverse. I like to make my focus: fruits and vegetables. I ordered this book online. If I had looked at the recipes and ingredients beforehand, I would not have purchased it. I also disagree with adding caffeine.

I found all the recipes I'd have to make overwhelming. I make pretty much the same green smoothie every day and the recipes she prescribes do not tempt me. I don't like making several different smoothies and soups and I don't have the money to buy all the things required...including a Vitamix. My blender can not handle Kale. I've tried. I'm losing weight on my own version of the raw diet. I think there are simpler ways that involve far fewer ingredients. If you enjoy making different recipes full of added fat, throughout the day, then you may enjoy this book.

ARRAY(0xa9c9ba8c)