countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

on August 8, 2002
If you love the florid, elegant art styles of Aubrey Beardsley and Alphonse Mucha, you will absolutely adore this classy Lo Scarabeo deck! All of the luscious human figures, fabrics, flowers and fauna flow and swirl effortlessly on all of its 78 pictures. This is an art deck in the truest sense of the word.
While the criticisms that this deck sometimes departs from traditional tarot symbolism are true, this 'flaw' does not handicap its use as a reliable reading tool. Should you sometimes find youselves tiring of the more 'traditional' decks' in-your-face symbolism, the Art Noveau will serve admirably as an alternative. Its trumps do not slap you with obscure or questionable assignations of planetary, astrological, elemental, Qabbalic symbols, nor do its pips adhere strictly to the Waite prototype. In fact, the ambiguity of the simple, elegant images allow you to rely more on your own intuitive abilities. This is a good outcome, imho.
This Art Noveau deck is destined for greatness and longevity.
on January 13, 2016
A gorgeous card deck. I'm really satisfied. But if you are learning, for sure this is the wrong deck for you, because the cards doesn't have enough symbols to understand the Tarot. So I suggest this one just for them who knows the meaning of each Arcano.
on September 8, 2001
Lo Scarabeo has a reputation for publishing some of the most beautiful tarot decks in the world and the Tarot Art Nouveau deck is no exception. The art work on both the major and minor arcana is absolutely unparalleled. While most of Lo Scarabeo's cards are "traditional" pre-Waite decks with unillustrated minors, this deck is fully illustrated. My only criticism is that pictorial symbolism is lacking. This deck does not use traditional Waite iconography. The pictures on these cards have little if any association with their meaning, however their beauty far outweighs the lack of symbolism. A perfect deck for reading love and relationship spreads.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 3, 2015
While I almost exclusively use my Rider-Waite deck for readings with friends, I prefer to use something different and luxe when I do my own personal readings. This deck is simply beautiful. The images are rich, subtle and portray major and minor arcana in a way that illuminates. The feel of the cards in one's hand is of particular note; they are slightly narrower and are easier to shuffle and made of durable material.

This is a lovely addition to my tarot collection, and one that I think many diviners would enjoy.
on March 6, 2013
Magnifique tarot avec de très belle illustrations rappelant l'artiste Mucha
Très bonne qualité et arrivé en bon état et bien scellé dans son emballage d'origine
on August 22, 2015
This is quite simply one of the most gorgeous decks I have purchased. Though it does not follow the traditional Rider Waite Smith style, it is refreshing to be swept up into the beauty of the images and allow for your own intuition and imagination read the cards. Just a note: there are many images of women together in a romantic style, which I also adore and respect, as it is a first out of the many many decks that I own. If you are a true lover of art, then this is a must have !
on April 24, 2013
The art is just lovely, and the cards are of a decent quality. Definitely one of the nicer sets of Tarot cards that I have seen.
on May 16, 2002
I knew when I saw this deck I had to get it. It may not be traditional but I like non Traditional and I have a had time doing a reading if I do not connect with the cards. These cards have subtle symbolism and is a great deck. It will be a different experience for different people.
on July 30, 2013
The few pictures included don't show just how beautiful this deck is. The images are gorgeous and vibrant. The symbolism that is usually on tarot cards isn't on most of them so some readers might not like it, but I am not inconvenienced by that.
on October 15, 2001
I get the most incredibly subtle and insightful readings from this deck. All the artwork is exquisite and detailed, and the readings come through the same for me. A breathtaking deck and simply spellbinding to look at and use.