5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully helpful
I found the book so helpful. It helped me understand the various spreads and meanings of the cards more than any other Rider style deck.
The art work is beautiful and very well done. I would highly recommend this kit to anyone.
Published on Aug. 16 2008 by K. Ourednik

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great either
First off, this review applies solely to the Marchetti deck in the kit. The accompanying book is an adequate, if basic, introduction to the fundamentals of Tarot, and as such, it fulfills its purpose.

Now, for the negative stuff:

Published on Aug. 4 2009 by Nathalie Wigmore

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not great either, Aug. 4 2009
Nathalie Wigmore (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and For All! (Cards)

Now, for the negative stuff:

First: the Major Arcana cards don't "feel" like Major Arcana cards. Maybe it's because all the cards in the deck are identically bordered, I don't know. But in my opinion, the Major cards should stand out a lot more. They are supposed to represent major forces, and as such should "jump out" more than the Minor cards. Just my opinion.

The Marchetti deck is all at once both stunningly beautiful and horribly tacky. Many of the faces are copy-paste photos of real people, and it just drives me insane. The suit of Pentacles in particular is filled with them. I much prefer the softer, less jarring look of a completely digitalized image. Having real faces gives those cards the vague impression of a collage, and it just doesn't sit well with me at all. I just can't take those cards seriously.

Speaking of not being able to take a card seriously, a single look at the Devil, and I cracked up. Same deal with Death. I mean, I can't speak for every Tarot enthusiast out there, but personally, if a card's art makes me guffaw at first glance, there's something "off" somewhere.

And my biggest problem with this deck, on an esoteric level: the suit of Cups is attributed the colour orange (???) instead of the usual blue, the colour traditionally used to represent water. Swords are blue here in the Marchetti deck, which manages to work because of the sky-air association, but orange for Cups? It's too close to the Wands' suit colour red. It's too "active" a colour for Cups. It just doesn't "feel" right.

Cards whose artwork I really don't like at all: the Devil, Death (reminds me of a "death metal" biker-type tattoo), the Page of Swords (looks like a Renaissance circus freak), and the Ten of Swords (not "harsh" looking enough for my taste; it's too "soft" for what it's supposed to represent).

On the positive side, the symbolism is Waite-based, and as such ensures continuity and familiarity. And to give credit where credit is due, most cards are beautifully rendered and the artwork is rich, vibrant and highly textured. Worthy of special note in my books: the Fool, the High Priestess, the Hermit, the Wheel of Fortune, the Sun, the Nine of cups, and all Aces and Knight cards.

In conclusion, I think this is one of those decks that one either loves or hates, or feels totally uncertain about. I like most of the cards, really love some of them, and really can't stand a handful of them. For now I will probably use this deck for one-card daily draws and for practise. As for more involved readings, I will probably wait and see if the Marchetti deck eventually grows on me, and in the meantime will use other decks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully helpful, Aug. 16 2008
K. Ourednik "Cathy&Kit" (Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy the approach the author uses to explain each card, Aug. 6 2014
I really enjoy the approach the author uses to explain each card, and its possible interpretations. The only thing I don't love about this deck is some of the illustrations - but that's just a personal preference.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy tarot, March 30 2013
I absolutly love this cards. I found this cards easy to read with beautiful pictures. I recommend these to everybody who enjoys tarrot cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, March 2 2013
I simply love these cards!!! They are so beautiful and it is quite easy to work with them. Shuffling is easy. Reading goes fluently. By now it's definitely my favourite deck!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful for a beginner, Jan. 8 2013
I absolutely LOVE the cards, they drew me in the first time I saw them. I have tried to learn tarot a couple times over the years, but found the cards hard to learn, that is not the case with these! The accompanying book is very easy to understand, you feel as though Josie is talking to you as you're reading the first few chapters. The card descriptions are easy to remember when looking at the artwork on the cards, like you're looking at a situation. This is a true beginners book, and beautiful cards to enjoy and understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Tarot with Josie, Aug. 26 2012
The most comprehensive, easiest way to learn Tarot at the intuition level.
I give it 10 stars! This has got to be the best system to learn and retain what you learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, beautiful deck, March 31 2012
I truly enjoyed reading the book and working with the cards. There is a lot of information and it will help you with your readings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous set, well written book. Unfortunately, I ..., Aug. 26 2014
Evan (Hamilton, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Gorgeous set, well written book. Unfortunately, I found it too overwhelming (information overload). I'm not knocking the product, it's just way too much to learn for my skill level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Oct. 19 2014
I just love these cards and use them often. They are just beautiful.

Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and For All!
Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and For All! by Ciro Marchetti (Cards - May 8 2007)
CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85