5.0 out of 5 stars love this deck
i love this deck it is very simple and easy for a beginer to use and understand. no more counting wands and swords
Published 13 months ago by Timothy Breckeridge

2.0 out of 5 stars Different artist must have drawn the cards!
I was disappointed to find out that the best illustrated cards are the ones that they show. Thats why I bought them, cause I liked what I had seen. But some of them just don't compare, its like different artist worked on these. They're not the worst cards I've ever seen but definitely not the best! We'll, not half of them anyway.
Published on Aug. 5 2011 by T.Ruth

5.0 out of 5 stars love this deck, Nov. 18 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deck, March 7 2013
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
I got this deck today and this is what I can say: The art is great and the cards look lovely. The traditional themes are pretty much present throughout the deck but there are some changes - some of the major arcana got alternative names like the Alchemist in place of Temperance for example (there are others too). As a person who prefers the classical symbolism names and imagery I am a bit less thrilled with that but I know that there're people who love those sort of innovations thus I totally recognize that while in my book it is a minus others might see it as a plus. Another thing I didn't like is the thinness of the cards. These are probably the thinnest and most delicate cards I own (and I have quite a few decks), if one shuffles them a bit ruffly I'm afraid he/she might tare a card or two. The size of the cards is perfect, at least for my standards, they are large enough but not oversized. The theme of the deck is magic/witchcraft just like the title suggests. One more thing which was annoying about this deck is the fact that the cards come without a proper box or bag, they are simply exposed. The large set that contains the book and the deck has some sort of paper box - which I am not sure was originally meant for the cards but rather to form a proper space in the large set box to place the book and the deck in a compact manner - this paper box can be used to store the deck but it is to large and clearly was not made with holding the deck in mind. To me this is a minus because when cards don't have a case or a proper box there is a greater chance of loosing some of them. The art is so lovely though that it really makes it worth buying despite all the negative elements I mentioned. I haven't looked thoroughly through the guide book yet but from my brief leafing it looks alright. Although some reviews here claim that there are possible errors there. I am yet to discover whether it is truly so. I gave this deck 4 stars because of the negative things I mentioned but in overall I think it is a very nice deck that's worth having. Other people that don't see the things I mentioned as negative might give it the perfect score.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, Nov. 1 2014
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
Bought it because of a review.
It didn't speak to me but it was a good product...

2.0 out of 5 stars Different artist must have drawn the cards!, Aug. 5 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Oct. 12 2014
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
one of my very favorite decks

3.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter rip off, Oct. 21 2013
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
I purchased this deck a few weeks ago because I am a collector and I thought it might be interesting. Some of the cards are very nice and beautifully illustrated. However, the deck is a blatant rip-off of the Harry Potter series and I'm wondering why the creators haven't been sued yet. I had no idea that this was the case before buying.

I realize that no deck creator will publish illustrations of the entire deck and the few they do post are the nicest ones in the deck. The buyer then has to buy a pig in a poke and never knows whether the entire deck is satisfactory for his or her needs. Apparently this is because they fear the pictures may be stolen.

There are ways around that and many photo posters use them, so the reason has to be fear that buyers will be put off by some of the cards and won't purchase the deck.

This deck has fewer annoying cards and I can recommend it to any collector who likes the Harry Potter series and can live with having knowledge and therefore giving consent to the rip-off. Not recommended for serious students of the tarot, but a nice deck for those just wanting to have fun with it. Had it not been for the rip-off, I would have given it four stars for the artwork alone. The accompanying book and 'course' are childish and aimed at very young and naive teenagers.

Wizards Tarot
Wizards Tarot by John J. Blumen (Cards - May 8 2011)
CDN$ 33.50 CDN$ 21.00