4.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle Changes, Not Dieting
So far so good for me. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 months of using this tape.
Published on July 7 2000 by Kirsten B.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Success Here
I have listened to the tape FAITHFULLY every night for almost eight weeks, and it has not impacted my inability to focus on weight loss. I believe in the concept, so I thought the tape would change my negative thoughts to positive thoughts as it claims, but unfortuately no luck. I was really hoping this would have opened a door for me.
Published on April 26 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle Changes, Not Dieting, July 7 2000
So far so good for me. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 months of using this tape.
Side A is a relaxation technique that helps you think positively about your body, and develop new habits with eating and exercise. It's all about having a new attitude about food. It's better to feel slightly hungry than to feel uncomfortably full. It also tells you to only eat foods that translate into beauty and health for your body. This is the only part I found lacking. What foods, exactly, translate into beauty and health? Fresh fruits and veggies, of course, but what about low fat processed foods? I suppose the author intends to leave this to the judgement of each listener.
Side B is music and wave sounds over voice, apparently containing the same message as side A.
I will continue to use this program, and keep you updated with future successes.
Best of luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Force It, July 9 2002
By A Customer
Before using this tape, I was 5'6" and weighed 200 pounds. I would snack from the time I got out of bed until lunch, eat a substantial lunch, snack a little throughout the afternoon, and eat a full dinner. Then I started listening to the subliminal side of the Slim Forever tape as background music while I read books, paid bills, puttered around the house, whatever. I only listened to the self-hypnosis side occasionally. In just a week or so, I noticed that I was eating a "reasonable" (fruit, toast) breakfast and wasn't thinking about lunch until lunchtime. In four months, I lost 40 pounds without even putting forth any effort -- no "dieting," no calorie counting, no packaged foods, no pills, no calisthenics or aerobics. I just began to eat healthily without even paying attention. I didn't weigh myself daily; I didn't use any other aids, tips or plans. I knew by the way my clothes became too big for me that it was working. On the mornings when I did step on the scales to see what number it would show, it was a real esteem booster. When I thought I was "done" with the tape, I loaned it to a friend. Now I find I need it again -- or need some kind of maintenance program. I kept the weight off until I got pregnant, but I'm having trouble getting rid of the "baby fat." Time to order another copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim Forever helped me lose 40 pounds in less than a year, March 29 2012
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I had about 60 pounds to lose, when I started to work out at the gym. Soon after I started the gym, I bought this audio book, which helped me with the food part of my objective to lose weight. Sure enough, when you start working out, you naturally start to want to eat healthier, because you don't want to waist all the effort you just put in. And this is where the audio book helped me, it helped reinforce that need I had to eat healthier.

I have tried only dieting, without exercising, and I did lose weight but it came back as soon as I came back to my old habits. I have tried exercising, while continuing my bad eating habits, and I didn't lose much weight. I lost my 40 pounds, by exercising regularly (I started with just walking every 2 days, and the more I was getting in shape and kept listening to the audio book, the more I kept wanting to do more, like running and adding muscular training, and eating healthier) and by eating healthier (low fat protein and vegetables and fruits, and whole grains, drinking water, etc), I also used the book and magazines "Clean Eating" [...] which is not a "diet" but a healthier way of eating for life. I used to love eating fries and other greasy and sugary foods, now with the help of the Slim audio book (and the clean eating way), I see these as poison to my body, and they are poison.

By losing weight, also many health troubles just went away on their own...also exercising has a great effect on your brain, you just think more clearly, exercising gives you this "natural High" like a "happy drug", the same way eating junk and deserts makes you "feel better" as your eating them , except in the long term it makes you fat, unhappy, and low self esteem because. Exercising makes you happy, thin, healthy.

I also did a lot of visualisation while training, I would think of my sweat as fat melting out of my body, and seeing my body as I would like it to be slim and trim.

Losing weight is basic math. You have to burn more calories than what you put in. That's all there is to it. You can just expect an audiobook to make you thin. You do have to put in some effort, and this is where the audio book will help you. Like it did for me...When I had to stop training because of lack of time, I have kept my good eating habits, and I have not gained back any weight. So exercise, eat clean and keep listening to your audiobook Slim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim Forever WORKS!, Jan. 24 2001
D. Kauble (Kokomo, IN USA) - See all my reviews
I have literally worn out two copies of Slim Forever by Audio Activation, in the last 10 years! I was so glad I could still get it on Amazon.com! I have lost 41 pounds and kept it off for a long time. Now, I often listen to the tape when I want to relax and fall asleep easily. I also quit smoking and used this tape to keep from gaining wieght. In the beginning, I doubted that little cassette would help me lose wieght and keep it off for a lifetime. It took a couple of weeks for me to begin to notice little changes in the choices I was making. The first time I noticed the tape was working was when I was at a salad bar, trying to decide what looked good. The potato salads, slaws and fattening dressings just didn't look good to me anymore! But the plain veggies sure did! And they were very satisfying! The point is this tape changes the way you think about food and you naturally start choosing healthy stuff! And you love it! Give this tape a chance. Listen at least once a day for at least 30 days. I promise you will be amazed at the power of your own mind!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Success Here, April 26 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Like wow, i'm eating a pureed veggie soup and ..., Feb. 5 2015
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I have not quite had this cd a month. I noticed no huge change, but small changes that have a big impact. I notice them when im not looking for them. Like wow, i'm eating a pureed veggie soup and enjoying it instead of craving sugar only all day everyday.... I didn't have a large amount of weight to lose, just a small amount but needed help to make adjustments in my everyday life to keep the weight off instead of losing it and putting it all back on. If I can stick with this, I figure i'll be able to make serious changes to my habits that will benefit me the rest of my life. ..I listen to it either while falling asleep or just playing it quietly while I enjoy some internet time. I only listened to the audio text once. I only listen to the subliminal track now.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Time I've Lost Weight During the Holidays, Jan. 2 2003
By A Customer
I bought this tape during the first week of December and listen to side one almost every night. I can't sit in a chair uninterrupted for 30 minutes like the tape says to, so I listen to it after I go to bed. I listen to side two, the subliminal side with music, whenever I can while driving to work, making supper, cleaning house, etc. I'm already a fairly optimistic person, but after the first ten days, I felt SO CHEERFUL! I also lost two pounds. I was amazed; I had always gained weight during the holidays and this was the first time I had actually lost weight. Now it's been three weeks, and I'm noticing an unfamiliar, delightful change in myself. Just today I unthinkingly popped a handful of raisinettes into my mouth, and immediately had no appetite for them. I had to spit them out. Again, I was surprised that I was having these thoughts of not wanting sweets, as I have always craved them. I've lost three more pounds. The tape is not just a bunch of suggestions to eat sensibly; it is powerful persuasion that rewires your brain to eat right without thinking about it, without even trying. I can see why the tape requires six weeks of daily listening, because years of bad eating habits takes awhile to change!

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely works, May 25 2003
By A Customer
I have never been overweight but definitely fought my cravings from time to time. After listening to this tape, I can go to a restaurant and resist eating the bread or unhealthy meals, snacking doesn't appeal to me and I am starting to lose weight. This really works.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's working for me, March 4 2004
KL (Oshawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I bought this CD with some skeptism, but was willing to try something new to get back on track with eating healthy and exercise. I found this CD to be motivational, while I laughed through it the first couple of times, within a few weeks I have noticed a change in my eating habbits and have been motivated to go to the gym. I have been listening for 5 weeks now and played track 6 (just the music) while sleeping through out the night. I am very happy to say that I have lost weight, all my clothes are loose and this has given me more motivation to keep with it.
It wasn't a big investment dollar wise so I think it's worth it to give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found it again, May 10 2004
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I had the cassette of Slim Forever for Women many years ago when it first came out. I wore the tape out completely because I loved to listen to it and it truly helped! When the tape was no longer playable I searched for a couple of more years and finally found these new releases. I'm happy that they didn't change a thing and just reproduced it in cd format. The woman's voice that speaks the affirmations is soothing and confident. Highly recommended!!

Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help
Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help by Audio Activation (Audio CD - Dec 30 2003)
CDN$ 11.50 CDN$ 10.37