4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Force It
Published on July 9 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars No Success Here
I have listened to the tape FAITHFULLY every night for almost eight weeks, and it has not impacted my inability to focus on weight loss. I believe in the concept, so I thought the tape would change my negative thoughts to positive thoughts as it claims, but unfortuately no luck. I was really hoping this would have opened a door for me.
Published on April 26 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Force It, July 9 2002
By A Customer
Before using this tape, I was 5'6" and weighed 200 pounds. I would snack from the time I got out of bed until lunch, eat a substantial lunch, snack a little throughout the afternoon, and eat a full dinner. Then I started listening to the subliminal side of the Slim Forever tape as background music while I read books, paid bills, puttered around the house, whatever. I only listened to the self-hypnosis side occasionally. In just a week or so, I noticed that I was eating a "reasonable" (fruit, toast) breakfast and wasn't thinking about lunch until lunchtime. In four months, I lost 40 pounds without even putting forth any effort -- no "dieting," no calorie counting, no packaged foods, no pills, no calisthenics or aerobics. I just began to eat healthily without even paying attention. I didn't weigh myself daily; I didn't use any other aids, tips or plans. I knew by the way my clothes became too big for me that it was working. On the mornings when I did step on the scales to see what number it would show, it was a real esteem booster. When I thought I was "done" with the tape, I loaned it to a friend. Now I find I need it again -- or need some kind of maintenance program. I kept the weight off until I got pregnant, but I'm having trouble getting rid of the "baby fat." Time to order another copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim Forever helped me lose 40 pounds in less than a year, March 29 2012
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I had about 60 pounds to lose, when I started to work out at the gym. Soon after I started the gym, I bought this audio book, which helped me with the food part of my objective to lose weight. Sure enough, when you start working out, you naturally start to want to eat healthier, because you don't want to waist all the effort you just put in. And this is where the audio book helped me, it helped reinforce that need I had to eat healthier.

I have tried only dieting, without exercising, and I did lose weight but it came back as soon as I came back to my old habits. I have tried exercising, while continuing my bad eating habits, and I didn't lose much weight. I lost my 40 pounds, by exercising regularly (I started with just walking every 2 days, and the more I was getting in shape and kept listening to the audio book, the more I kept wanting to do more, like running and adding muscular training, and eating healthier) and by eating healthier (low fat protein and vegetables and fruits, and whole grains, drinking water, etc), I also used the book and magazines "Clean Eating" [...] which is not a "diet" but a healthier way of eating for life. I used to love eating fries and other greasy and sugary foods, now with the help of the Slim audio book (and the clean eating way), I see these as poison to my body, and they are poison.

By losing weight, also many health troubles just went away on their own...also exercising has a great effect on your brain, you just think more clearly, exercising gives you this "natural High" like a "happy drug", the same way eating junk and deserts makes you "feel better" as your eating them , except in the long term it makes you fat, unhappy, and low self esteem because. Exercising makes you happy, thin, healthy.

I also did a lot of visualisation while training, I would think of my sweat as fat melting out of my body, and seeing my body as I would like it to be slim and trim.

Losing weight is basic math. You have to burn more calories than what you put in. That's all there is to it. You can just expect an audiobook to make you thin. You do have to put in some effort, and this is where the audio book will help you. Like it did for me...When I had to stop training because of lack of time, I have kept my good eating habits, and I have not gained back any weight. So exercise, eat clean and keep listening to your audiobook Slim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried everything and nothing works? Slim Forever does!, Dec 3 2001
By A Customer
I have tried everything, fad diets, starving myself you name it. I would exercise faithfully for a couple of months then give up again. After six months I have lost 18 pounds and am still losing. I have changed my way of thinking about food and myself. I am happier than I have ever been. This tape is truly a wonder. But you do have to listen to it everyday, both sides for six months to get yourself reprogrammed, even though you start losing weight after the first month. I have worn my tape out and am buying another. Thank you Slim Forever!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle Changes, Not Dieting, July 7 2000
"kirstenrb" (Garden City, Mn USA) - See all my reviews
So far so good for me. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 months of using this tape.
Side A is a relaxation technique that helps you think positively about your body, and develop new habits with eating and exercise. It's all about having a new attitude about food. It's better to feel slightly hungry than to feel uncomfortably full. It also tells you to only eat foods that translate into beauty and health for your body. This is the only part I found lacking. What foods, exactly, translate into beauty and health? Fresh fruits and veggies, of course, but what about low fat processed foods? I suppose the author intends to leave this to the judgement of each listener.
Side B is music and wave sounds over voice, apparently containing the same message as side A.
I will continue to use this program, and keep you updated with future successes.
Best of luck!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Success Here, April 26 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely works, May 25 2003
By A Customer
I have never been overweight but definitely fought my cravings from time to time. After listening to this tape, I can go to a restaurant and resist eating the bread or unhealthy meals, snacking doesn't appeal to me and I am starting to lose weight. This really works.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have heard better, March 24 2001
By A Customer
I bought this tape as I lost another self hypnosis tape when I recently moved. My main gripe with this tape is that half way through the relaxion portion of the tape, music starts playing. Without fail, everytime the music starts I "wake" right up and the rest of the tape is lost on me. The music on the subliminal side is your basic white noise/new age music, which is relaxing if you like that sort of thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found it again, May 10 2004
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I had the cassette of Slim Forever for Women many years ago when it first came out. I wore the tape out completely because I loved to listen to it and it truly helped! When the tape was no longer playable I searched for a couple of more years and finally found these new releases. I'm happy that they didn't change a thing and just reproduced it in cd format. The woman's voice that speaks the affirmations is soothing and confident. Highly recommended!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's working for me, March 4 2004
KL (Oshawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I bought this CD with some skeptism, but was willing to try something new to get back on track with eating healthy and exercise. I found this CD to be motivational, while I laughed through it the first couple of times, within a few weeks I have noticed a change in my eating habbits and have been motivated to go to the gym. I have been listening for 5 weeks now and played track 6 (just the music) while sleeping through out the night. I am very happy to say that I have lost weight, all my clothes are loose and this has given me more motivation to keep with it.
It wasn't a big investment dollar wise so I think it's worth it to give it a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., Jan. 5 2005
Jan (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
After reading all the reviews and deciding back and forth whether I should buy or not, I finally bought it. Since most of the reviews were pretty positive. I have been studying a lot on the subconscious in these past years, so I do know that working with the subconscious can bring in positive changes. I do believe that this tape might genuinely work miracles for some people, but obviously one size does not fit all. I listened to it for 5 weeks straight, everyday, once for side one and maybe four times on average daily for side two. But nope my eating habits didn't really change for the better. Most of the stuffs stated on the tape were pretty positive, but a few statements I felt they could have done without or worded in a way that could have been a bit more positive.

ARRAY(0xac6454c8)

Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help
Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help by Audio Activation (Audio CD - Dec 30 2003)
CDN$ 11.50 CDN$ 10.35