4.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle Changes, Not Dieting
So far so good for me. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 months of using this tape.
Published on July 7 2000 by Kirsten B.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Success Here
I have listened to the tape FAITHFULLY every night for almost eight weeks, and it has not impacted my inability to focus on weight loss. I believe in the concept, so I thought the tape would change my negative thoughts to positive thoughts as it claims, but unfortuately no luck. I was really hoping this would have opened a door for me.
Published on April 26 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle Changes, Not Dieting, July 7 2000
So far so good for me. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 months of using this tape.
Side A is a relaxation technique that helps you think positively about your body, and develop new habits with eating and exercise. It's all about having a new attitude about food. It's better to feel slightly hungry than to feel uncomfortably full. It also tells you to only eat foods that translate into beauty and health for your body. This is the only part I found lacking. What foods, exactly, translate into beauty and health? Fresh fruits and veggies, of course, but what about low fat processed foods? I suppose the author intends to leave this to the judgement of each listener.
Side B is music and wave sounds over voice, apparently containing the same message as side A.
I will continue to use this program, and keep you updated with future successes.
Best of luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Force It, July 9 2002
By A Customer
Before using this tape, I was 5'6" and weighed 200 pounds. I would snack from the time I got out of bed until lunch, eat a substantial lunch, snack a little throughout the afternoon, and eat a full dinner. Then I started listening to the subliminal side of the Slim Forever tape as background music while I read books, paid bills, puttered around the house, whatever. I only listened to the self-hypnosis side occasionally. In just a week or so, I noticed that I was eating a "reasonable" (fruit, toast) breakfast and wasn't thinking about lunch until lunchtime. In four months, I lost 40 pounds without even putting forth any effort -- no "dieting," no calorie counting, no packaged foods, no pills, no calisthenics or aerobics. I just began to eat healthily without even paying attention. I didn't weigh myself daily; I didn't use any other aids, tips or plans. I knew by the way my clothes became too big for me that it was working. On the mornings when I did step on the scales to see what number it would show, it was a real esteem booster. When I thought I was "done" with the tape, I loaned it to a friend. Now I find I need it again -- or need some kind of maintenance program. I kept the weight off until I got pregnant, but I'm having trouble getting rid of the "baby fat." Time to order another copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim Forever WORKS!, Jan. 24 2001
D. Kauble (Kokomo, IN USA) - See all my reviews
I have literally worn out two copies of Slim Forever by Audio Activation, in the last 10 years! I was so glad I could still get it on Amazon.com! I have lost 41 pounds and kept it off for a long time. Now, I often listen to the tape when I want to relax and fall asleep easily. I also quit smoking and used this tape to keep from gaining wieght. In the beginning, I doubted that little cassette would help me lose wieght and keep it off for a lifetime. It took a couple of weeks for me to begin to notice little changes in the choices I was making. The first time I noticed the tape was working was when I was at a salad bar, trying to decide what looked good. The potato salads, slaws and fattening dressings just didn't look good to me anymore! But the plain veggies sure did! And they were very satisfying! The point is this tape changes the way you think about food and you naturally start choosing healthy stuff! And you love it! Give this tape a chance. Listen at least once a day for at least 30 days. I promise you will be amazed at the power of your own mind!

1.0 out of 5 stars No Success Here, April 26 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely works, May 25 2003
By A Customer
I have never been overweight but definitely fought my cravings from time to time. After listening to this tape, I can go to a restaurant and resist eating the bread or unhealthy meals, snacking doesn't appeal to me and I am starting to lose weight. This really works.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's working for me, March 4 2004
KL (Oshawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I bought this CD with some skeptism, but was willing to try something new to get back on track with eating healthy and exercise. I found this CD to be motivational, while I laughed through it the first couple of times, within a few weeks I have noticed a change in my eating habbits and have been motivated to go to the gym. I have been listening for 5 weeks now and played track 6 (just the music) while sleeping through out the night. I am very happy to say that I have lost weight, all my clothes are loose and this has given me more motivation to keep with it.
It wasn't a big investment dollar wise so I think it's worth it to give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found it again, May 10 2004
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I had the cassette of Slim Forever for Women many years ago when it first came out. I wore the tape out completely because I loved to listen to it and it truly helped! When the tape was no longer playable I searched for a couple of more years and finally found these new releases. I'm happy that they didn't change a thing and just reproduced it in cd format. The woman's voice that speaks the affirmations is soothing and confident. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars First Time I've Lost Weight During the Holidays, Jan. 2 2003
By A Customer
I bought this tape during the first week of December and listen to side one almost every night. I can't sit in a chair uninterrupted for 30 minutes like the tape says to, so I listen to it after I go to bed. I listen to side two, the subliminal side with music, whenever I can while driving to work, making supper, cleaning house, etc. I'm already a fairly optimistic person, but after the first ten days, I felt SO CHEERFUL! I also lost two pounds. I was amazed; I had always gained weight during the holidays and this was the first time I had actually lost weight. Now it's been three weeks, and I'm noticing an unfamiliar, delightful change in myself. Just today I unthinkingly popped a handful of raisinettes into my mouth, and immediately had no appetite for them. I had to spit them out. Again, I was surprised that I was having these thoughts of not wanting sweets, as I have always craved them. I've lost three more pounds. The tape is not just a bunch of suggestions to eat sensibly; it is powerful persuasion that rewires your brain to eat right without thinking about it, without even trying. I can see why the tape requires six weeks of daily listening, because years of bad eating habits takes awhile to change!

2.0 out of 5 stars Skepticism borne out, Feb. 18 2004
Amy Button "lil-m-moses" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help (Audio CD)
I was encouraged by the other reviews of this CD that I read here and thought I'd give it a shot. I was skeptical that just listening to a CD could actually work on my subconscious mind and help me to eat better and less, but I wanted to be surprised and proven wrong.
I listened to the CD almost every night at bedtime for four weeks, and aside from disturbing my sleep for the first few nights, I noticed no effect whatsoever, much less on my eating habits. Maybe the problem was that the messages weren't really tailored to my personal food issues - these messages mention specific food-related things a couple of times, but they're primarily more related to generic self-esteem issues. I did like that there was enough complexity to the text that I didn't find myself reciting it half a beat ahead of the script, but the messages are still consistent.
Track 1 is an introduction to the CD with publisher information and stuff that you might find in the foreward of a book. Track 2 is a deep-breathing relaxation exercise (which I found to go too fast to allow me to actually take deep breaths, but I have big lungs). Track 3 begins the main text, and I think tracks 4 and maybe 5 are set at points within the audible text. The second half of the CD (tracks maybe 5 and 6) is pleasant enough music (though largely unremarkable) with a sort of breaking wave sound underneath. I'm assuming that's where they somehow mask the messages, though I couldn't distinguish any speech consciously. The entire thing is about an hour long. I don't know what the whole "abridged" notation is about in the item description, as the length seems comparable to the cassette version.
So, it's probably not going to hurt you to listen to this CD, but there's nothing to say that it will definitely help, either. For the price, it might be worth a shot, and buying it used makes it even more worthwhile to at least try. I'll stick with trying to get back on my formal healthy eating plan and keep going to Curves, though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., Jan. 5 2005
Jan (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
After reading all the reviews and deciding back and forth whether I should buy or not, I finally bought it. Since most of the reviews were pretty positive. I have been studying a lot on the subconscious in these past years, so I do know that working with the subconscious can bring in positive changes. I do believe that this tape might genuinely work miracles for some people, but obviously one size does not fit all. I listened to it for 5 weeks straight, everyday, once for side one and maybe four times on average daily for side two. But nope my eating habits didn't really change for the better. Most of the stuffs stated on the tape were pretty positive, but a few statements I felt they could have done without or worded in a way that could have been a bit more positive.

Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help
Slim Forever - For Women: Subliminal Self-Help by Audio Activation (Audio CD - Dec 30 2003)
CDN$ 11.50 CDN$ 10.35