march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 18, 2016
Absolutely Amazing. It was a page-turner, and beautifully written. I couldn't put it down, and I'm really glad that I had the opportunity of reading it. This man's story was really a testimony to the power of God in a person's life, whether or not we acknowledge Him. This book is not just a one-time read; it is the real McCoy.
on March 24, 2016
This was a wonderful read.
on March 7, 2016
Better than the stinking movie
on February 22, 2016
Good book!
on February 22, 2016
Thank you.
on February 20, 2016
Looked forward to bedtime every night for about three weeks, with this book beside my bed. A reward me for finishing off another daily grind. Ms. Hillenbrand's prodigious writing skill, sat me right beside Louie, throughout the many many cruel twists and turns life threw at him. Perhaps too, the book spoke to me as a former marathon runner. Although Louie's forte, was middle distance, I thought I knew what endurance meant Until Louie's physical, mental, and spiritual stamina, likely would have early dropped me out of sight. His elite class running is only one facet of this diamond of a story. Many many more sides to explore. His was the race course from Hell, or as close to what I can picture it here on Earth. He made it to the finish line, although not without a huge cost. The book is inspiration for all of us pushing through the endurance event called life.
on February 17, 2016
loved it. Great story
on February 4, 2016
Well written. easy and interesting to read. I really liked the photos included. Very inspiring story.
on January 21, 2016
This was a fabulous book. I learned a lot about WWII that was never taught in school. Getting the inside look into Louie's life before, during, and after the war was very moving. I really wish they would make this book required reading in high school. There is so much of our history that is sanitized down for the schools. But it is important to learn from history.
I was very emotional when reading this book. I felt so bad for what Louie went through.
on January 20, 2016
After seing the excellent movie Unbroken, i had to read the book.

The movie is about a World war II true story of survival and resilience.

The book is more. It is a World war II true story of survival, resilience and redemption. It is that last part, forgotten by the film, that i find the most interesting.

After surviving without food and water on a lift raft for over 45 days, after being tortured for 3 years, how does one soul find peace? How strong is the will to live?

In his story, we learn that Louie Zamperini was healed through love and forgiveness.

This is an important lesson from someone who went to hell twice and came back.