biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CDChange

on February 4, 2016
Well written. easy and interesting to read. I really liked the photos included. Very inspiring story.
on January 21, 2016
This was a fabulous book. I learned a lot about WWII that was never taught in school. Getting the inside look into Louie's life before, during, and after the war was very moving. I really wish they would make this book required reading in high school. There is so much of our history that is sanitized down for the schools. But it is important to learn from history.
I was very emotional when reading this book. I felt so bad for what Louie went through.
on January 20, 2016
After seing the excellent movie Unbroken, i had to read the book.

The movie is about a World war II true story of survival and resilience.

The book is more. It is a World war II true story of survival, resilience and redemption. It is that last part, forgotten by the film, that i find the most interesting.

After surviving without food and water on a lift raft for over 45 days, after being tortured for 3 years, how does one soul find peace? How strong is the will to live?

In his story, we learn that Louie Zamperini was healed through love and forgiveness.

This is an important lesson from someone who went to hell twice and came back.
on January 17, 2016
Sure opened my eyes😢
on January 16, 2016
This is a really great book. It's well written and it's a true story which makes it so amazing that someone could endure so much. I've given the book as a gift a couple times now and everyone who's read it can't put it down. Its truly riveting and also a great history lesson too. I've learned more about WWII than I ever knew before.
on January 1, 2016
Entirely readable and engaging. Couldn't put it down, Gave it to someone who doesn't read usually and he is loving it
on December 31, 2015
I would like to say something clever and articulate about this book, but very little I could say would do justice to either the style or content of the story contained therein. Before I was even finished reading, I ordered a copy for my grandson and harangued just about everyone I know to go out , purchase a copy and read it. So the best I can do in the current format is to say, whether you have to beg, borrow or steal a copy of "Unbroken", it's worth the begging, borrowing or stealing.
on December 2, 2015
The book is LONG ... I must say that I was relieved to find the last 25% of it was references! However, it was very well written and extremely well researched. The violence of the POW camps and the drinking/violence after was an awful lot of detail and horror to get through! It was wonderful though that he found a way to truly recover! I do wish, though there there were fewer words on the tortures and more on after his redemption. I'd like to have heard some specific stories of his life after ... something that would help us to get to know the person he later became.
on November 26, 2015
brilliant and educational with respect to how the POW's were treated
on November 21, 2015