5.0 out of 5 stars This Isn't Tinkerbell!
I became interested in this deck after doing a research assignment into faeries as part of my tradition study. While I'd been taught that faeries weren't your Tinkerbell variety, this deck brought to light many other aspects that I had never experienced.
Published on July 9 2003 by Rhiannon Solana

1.0 out of 5 stars The artwork is HIDEOUS!
I bought this deck for my young cousin, who loves fairies. Many of these cards were so disturbing, that I couldn't even show them to her. When I showed it to her grandma, she said, "WHERE'S THE FAIRIES?"
We aren't fairie experts or anything, and we never looked at the book, so there may be much more to it. We just couldn't get over the ugly artwork on...
Published on Sept. 11 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars This Isn't Tinkerbell!, July 9 2003
Rhiannon Solana (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
This isn't a deck to take lightly. These faeries will make their way into your life in ways you never expected. I found that once I started working with these cards I couldn't get them out of my mind. One day I found myself promising the Fee Lion that I would get the dishes done as soon as I finished watching a television show!
The artwork on these cards is detailed when appropriate, while some of the work is very abstract. Froud has really done a wonderful job.
Jessica Macbeth displays a gift for communcating with the faeries and making their sometimes very complex natures easy to understand for someone just starting out. What I really enjoyed was how she guided you through learning how to interept the cards on your own, and encourages you not to rely only on her writings.
This is a deck for someone who is willing to get involved, and to think about what they're seeing/learning and finding the answer within rather than in a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars They found me, Dec 2 2003
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
I was wandering around a bookstore when I heard voices calling out to me. They kept saying, "Find us!" over and over; always followed with giggles. I searched through each aisle following the voices and when I got to the New Age section I knew the voices were coming from the other end. I continued down the isle and had never heard of "The Faeries Oracle" but I knew that's where the voices were coming from. I picked up the case and heard a tiny "Thank you" and went striaght to the check out counter. I've always been connected to the Faeries and have great fun with them on a daily basis. That's not to say they don't hide my keys and many other small items but I still enjoy them none-the-less. "The Faeries Oracle" is a must have for all who enjoy the company of the Faeries. . . or would like to enjoy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite deck, Jan. 13 2004
Amazon Customer (Plymouth, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
The only deck that has opened my mind and heart to intuitive guidance. The deck is alive, with vibrant and real faery energy radiating from every card! The artwork is a feast for the etheric senses, with a multitude of beings per card flaunting many different symbols. It truly gets you in touch with faery energy. After using it for a while, I see every individual faery as an old friend, not just a card, and feel the tension and interaction between them (putting down more than 3 cards starts to feel awfully crowded, whereas I have no problems doing layouts with 20 cards using standard tarot). Amazing, amazing deck. I swear I can sometimes see the pictures move. I'm not crazy, really!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deck of cards!, Jan. 22 2013
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
Enjoy all my decks I purchase, love the artwork which usually draws me to buying! Enjoyed the book of explanation also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical faery card deck, March 27 2004
Kelli Riffle "kelliko70" (Princeton, WV, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
I have very little attraction to faery decks but this one I can't seem to part with. It is a beautiful,and sometimes, haunting deck. I keep it mainly for personal use and do not read for others with it. The images are gorgeous and curious-looking, if one is not familiar with the faeries in all their manifestations. The book is great--hardback and very durable--and filled with information about the cards and faeries that is easy to understand. It is a beautiful deck to use or just to add to the collectors shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Tinkerbell here!, Feb. 12 2003
Russell Weems (Smithville, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
Froud/Macbeth's Faeries' Oracle is NOT a pretty, soft, angelic faeries production, of which you may be aware if you have seen any of Froud's previous faery artwork. Even looking at the spelling signifies that Froud is, and always has been, interested in looking at the true nature of the fae, the Pre-Disney sanitized, unsugar-coated variety of fae. They are not always pretty and sweet, and of course they do not wear clothing (those monstrous humans and their gross rags!!!). The deck does have a sense of fae humor and laughs at itself, as well as you! I admire this deck greatly for evincing the ancient spirit of the fae creatures, whose folklore span centuries and continents. They do typify the European fae, from times when woods were deep and dark and we didn't think we knew everything about this world.
It also makes a wonderful oracle deck. The benefit I see it having is that it is not a tarot deck. It doesn't have historically set meanings and centuries of meaning strung on; therefore, a reader of this deck must, and is encouraged by the authors, to use intuition and insight to glean meaning from the presented fae. The whole experience takes one into another world, if the reader is willing to go there.
If you are looking for cutesy little angelic feminine pixies with sweet little wings, then go to your local Hallmark store. If you want the elemental denizens that exist between worlds and can carry you between them. Get this deck NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Faeries are Here!, July 3 2003
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
This Oracle is awesome! The cards, are beautifully created with rich and diverse symbolism that is actually quite contrary in some cases. I think that his connection to the Fae pervades through every single piece of art he creates and this deck is no exception. The book written by Jessica MacBeth provides great direction for how to connect with the world of Faery and guides the reader but lets them go at the same time. I discovered my connection to the world of Faeries through this deck and for that I am truly grateful and thankful. For those with a serious interest in seeing the world of the Sidhe, the Tuatha de Danaan, the Shining Ones, I highly recommend this Oracle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artwork, and a different FUN kind of oracle, Oct. 29 2000
J. Scott "JS" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
If, like me, you're a fan of Froud's work, then this is an absolute must-have. I've not been *wildly* impressed by the slightly silly direction some of his recent work has taken - LADY COTTINGTON, and STRANGE SMELLS, for example - but I do love these weird quirky little creatures he draws.
If you like them too, well, now there's a deck of 66 of them (65, with a blank card so you can include your own fairy guide). Some of the cards are abstract, but the vast majority are classic Froud. Various styles of the artist's work are represented, ranging from the almost monochrome pencil sketches to his trademark pics that seem to be bursting at the seams with fairies.
You'll find some favourites in the illustrations ('The Fairy who was kissed by the Pixies' is one of mine) and other old friends from 'Good Fairies, Bad Fairies.'
As for the divination side of things, the deck is accompanied by a beautifully produced hardback book (200 pages) written by Jessica Macbeth (Author of books on meditation MOON OVER WATER and SUN OVER MOUNTAIN). It covers topics such as making faerie contacts, how the deck was created, and suggested methods of reading the cards, together with informative (and fun) discussions of the individual illustrations.
Unlike COTTINGTON and SMELLS, this is a serious book - er, as 'serious' as anything concerning faerie can be, that is...
To quote from the first section of the book: "First take a good look at your attitude. Are you really serious about this? Do you believe you will need to work hard with the cards?
"If so, please, don't be like that . As much as you can, let yourself approach the cards and the faeries with a light and playful heart."
Even if you have no interest in divination, I defy you not to enjoy reading the book. And I had a friend of mine, the fairy mage Muzobobio look over the text, and he jumped up and down three times, spun round, and put his hands in the air. This is his way of saying 'Right on the money!'
I recommend this package with no reservations. Even if you feel it's not for you, it's hard to think of a better gift for a Froud fan, for someone who's into divination, or for any lover of faeries!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than art, July 8 2004
G. Peckham "pixieitch" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
I am a fan of Froud's work. But more than that, i am a believer in the Fae, and that is what i am able to communicate with through these cards.
the artwork is beautiful, but thats not the reason i love them so much. Its because they work better than any other oracle or tarot deck i have ever used.
The love and faith put into the artwork really brings the connection between the 2 worlds closer together and i feel, thats how they work better than some other decks.
A must for any froud fan, but also a must for anyone who truly believes in faeries and needs help communicating wit them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, July 9 2003
Spring Sweet "loves music." (lompoc, california United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faeries' Oracle (Hardcover)
i just got this set recently and it sure is great. the artwork is beautiful and the book is easy to understand. i really like this set because i am a beginer and i found it easy to understand. i would defintly reccomend this set for anyone even beginers.

ARRAY(0xb678c1ec)

Faeries' Oracle
Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud (Hardcover - Oct. 31 2000)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80