5.0 out of 5 stars A Gargantuan 5 Stars!
Published on Feb. 12 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars If the Subtitle Does Not Bother You, buy it...
The book's subtitle, "The Last Self Help Book You Will Ever Need", is a clear indication that this book is a marketing ploy, and has nothing to do with sound psychological/physiological evidence.

Snakeoil salesmen eat your heart out.

Published on Dec 10 2012 by B. Keith

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gargantuan 5 Stars!, Feb. 12 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Five Simple Steps to Emotional Healing: The Last Self-Help Book You Will Ever Need (Paperback)
Okay, so this shouldn't work. It makes no sense. Meridians? Tapping? Where's the logic? At least, that's what I used to think. I've suffered from agoraphobia and found public speaking impossibly painful. But part of my work requires me to occasionally get up in front of huge groups and either give a talk or sit on a panel. I'd reached the point where I couldn't talk or breathe. I was turning down events, which hurt my business and worried me that I was going to end up so agoraphobic that eventually I wouldn't be able to leave the house. Desperation drove me to try Dr. Arenson's method. I used it in advance for a month, practicing just as she says in the book, imagining my getting up in front of the big audience I was scheduled (terrifyingly) to speak at recently. By the time I got there, I was worried but okay. By the time it was my turn to give the talk, I was still okay (when you're agoraphobic, "okay" is wonderful). When I actually opened my mouth, words came out. I could breathe. Even more amazingly, I actually discovered that I was enjoying myself. What a marvelous feeling. And that's the point. So, I give this book a gargantuan 5 stars. If you want help, it's right here.

1.0 out of 5 stars If the Subtitle Does Not Bother You, buy it..., Dec 10 2012
B. Keith (Kingston, Ontario) - See all my reviews

Snakeoil salesmen eat your heart out.

The TRUTH is there is NO easy (10 minute) solution to all of your "emotional healing" problems, nor are your emotions "broken". As a mental health professional skeptical on much of self-help genre, this particular type of book (unrealistic promises, nonsensical claims, with no scientifically supported evidence) especially bothers me.

Life IS hard at times; learn to live with it, cope, and thrive.... develop character and a sense of self-efficacy, and your emotions will follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, Feb. 27 2002
I found this book to be extremely helpful both personally and professionally. It is written clearly so that busy people, such as myself, can use the technique easily. It is down to earth and basic and at the same time explains in a readable fashion, how and why this method works. I am a psychotherapist and teacher and have taught the technique to students and clients, both adult and children. But most of all, I use it on myself often. It has helped me to cut down on my obsession with chocolate. It has helped reduce pain in my back. It has helped me feel much better over a loss I recently suffered. I could go on and on. It almost seems to easy and simple to be true--but it really does work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best energy psychology / tapping book to date, Jan. 2 2002
Hi,
I have been using Roger Callahan's tapping treatments for about two years so when my therapist brought this book to my attention, I ran to my local Borders. I purchased Gloria Arenson's 5 simple steps and immedietly read it. This book has helped me in so many ways, in such a short period of time, I would have to write my own book to thoroughly explain. Let's just say... I had a very non-stressful holiday season, I haven't had a cigarette in over 7 days, I was able to see my ex-husband on Christmas day without feeling animosity or anger, and I'm sleeping better. This book has changed my life. If you have stress, I really recommend this book. It's the easiest and most functional tutorial I've seen on this technique.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gargantuan 5 Stars!, Feb. 12 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tapping Book, Dec 26 2001
Mark Barnum (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Five Simple Steps is simply one of the best energy psychology books available today. The techniques addressed in this book are easy to follow, understand and utilize. Kudos!

5.0 out of 5 stars It really is simple, Jan. 19 2002
This technique really works! Don't let the cover fool you this is a great book for both women and men. The book is so easy to understand. The text flows in a logical progression. There are great examples of situations in which people were able to resolve their issue or problem with this technique. I enjoyed reading this book and the technique I learned so much, that I bought several more copies to give to friends. This is one of those "self help" books that actually works! Go ahead make your life better, check out this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, it really works!!!, June 28 2002
Beth Sandoval (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I wish this book would have come out years ago. Gloria Arenson's approach to healing is fantastic. It is fast, easy and you don't have to wait for days or weeks to feel better. It's truly amazing that you can feel better now. The content is thoughtfully laid out and easy to read. Arenson's approach makes me think that this really could be the last self-help book I ever need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy Psychology Made Simple, Jan. 9 2002
Fred P. Gallo (New Wilmington, PA United States) - See all my reviews
In "Five Simple Steps to Emotional Healing" Gloria Arenson has done a wonderful job of making energy psychology techniques understandable and easy to apply. This is a marvelous contribution to the well being of all who read it. --Fred P. Gallo, Ph.D., author of Energy Psychology, Energy Tapping, and Energy Diagnostic and Treatment Methods

CDN$ 21.00 CDN$ 15.16