5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and enlightening
In this book, James Van Praagh gives great insights into his work as a medium. He shares his experiences and also tells us how to make our own connections to the psychic world.
Published on May 15 2003 by J. Wong

3.0 out of 5 stars I like this author
I like this author, but this book wasn't his very best. This was a self help book to enhance your psychic ability.
I like to hear more stories about the readings that he does and the stories behind the readings.
I can't wait for his television show!!
Published on July 29 2002 by Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and enlightening, May 15 2003
J. Wong "joohop" (Jackson Heights, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read other books on psychic phenomena, and have to say that Van Praagh truly does a masterful job in enlightening the reader on this subject. He teaches how to hone in our psychic sensitivities while giving examples of his personal experiences to give the reader clarity. The stories of his personal experiences range from frightening, to very moving.
The thing I liked most about this book was how he teaches us the dangers of the psychic realm, and how we can protect ourselves. Over and over, Van Praagh gives us insights into his personal experiences that help reinforce the ideas he's conveying.
In addition to psychic protection, he tells us about our sixth sense, aura, chakras, Akashic records, guardian angels and spirit guides. He tells us how he cleanses his own aura and protects himself.
For those who are interested in tapping into their psychic powers, this book is a must read. Even for those who are just interested astral projection will gain useful knowledge about psychic protection to prepare themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best and easiest to understand!, Dec 31 2012
Great Book! If you're looking to understand something about the pychic world this is your man! He is a wonderful writer

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, Jan. 9 2007
This book came into my hands at the perfect time. In it, JVP provides insights and validations, and promotes understanding especially for those with natural, untrained psychic abilities. Of particular importance to me was the section on psychic protection and the visualizations on strengthening the aura and on grounding.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like this author, July 29 2002
I can't wait for his television show!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book for Opening Up, April 12 2004
By A Customer
This book reminds me of Tiffany Snow's Book, "Psychic Gifts in the Christian Life - Tools to Connect" because they both introduce the reader to developing the senses that they have insdie of themselves. I do think that James has the best of intentions, although some of his methods seem difficult and time-consuming. I have been "opening up" now for quite a few years, and there is always something new to learn from everyone. This may not be a great book, but it does deserve a read. The Source of this supernatural connection is basically left up to the reader, or a reference to the "Divine within," whereas Snow's book talks more about God as the connecting source, which I feel more comfortable with. Overall, a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Inspiring, Feb. 26 2003
Todd Hawley (San Francisco CA) - See all my reviews
Once I started reading this book, I found myself quite drawn to it and finished it within a few hours. I found it a very interesting read. Not only does Van Praagh discuss several stories of various clients, but also offers advice on several areas for those of us wishing to develop and expand our psychic abilities. While we all have them, some of us may have more developed abilities than others. However, that doesn't mean we all can't try to develop them the best way we can.
In one chapter he discusses auras, their colors and layers, and "defects." I never had any ideas auras were so complex. He also talks about spirit signals and guides and makes an important point about "living guides," people in our lives who may be friends that are also here to guide us through our life or to guide us part of the way. There's also an excellent chapter about psychic protection, things like "psychic vampires" or other harmful energies that may drain us, causing us to become irritable or depressed or tired. While these symptoms are most definitely NOT always or even some of the time caused by so-called "psychic vampires," it does make you stop and consider whether or not you know people in your life who may be sapping your energy. His chapter called "Miracles Every Day" makes you consider how you can change your life for the better and get rid of unwanted habits or fears. Pointing out that the universe does give you what you ask for, it brings to mind the old saying, "Don't ask too hard for what you want, you just might get it."
There are also sections in the book about meditation exercises, cleansing and strengthening your aura, and protecting yourself from negative thoughts and emotions. Like a fellow reviewer before me, this book has inspired me to continue to further develop my psychic abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, Jan. 28 2003
"sobekqebet" (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Once I started reading this book it was hard to put down!
Mr. Van Praagh shares his personal experiences thru out this book and also provides excellent information for beginning your
spiritual and psychic journey. This book has left me full of inspiration and wonder. I look forward to reading other titles by him. Thank you so much, Mr. Van Praagh!

5.0 out of 5 stars You, TOO, can have a psychic connection., Dec 30 2002
T. Harris "kjsmeme" (GA) - See all my reviews
James Van Praagh is a wonderful author. Reading this book is like having him right here speaking to me as if we were old friends. He downplays his magnificient psychic abilities. He lets us know that the things he does, we can do as well. I read a few of his other books and listened to some of his tapes before reading Heaven and Earth, and felt that with practice, I, too, could get in touch with my SIX senses. I may not be able to perform the activities he does...but who knows??? Great reading -- especially if you want to "get to know yourself."

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Tool for Learning About Spiritual Communication!, Dec 30 2002
I really enjoyed this book- James offers insightful anecdotes, guidelines and information on a variety of topics releated to spiritual communication. I feel the book has relevant information for both beginners and those who are more advanceed in the psychic arts. I do professional spiritual communication work, and found the book helpful, as did a good friend of mine who also does spiritual communication work professionally. One story in the book I found particularly fascinating was the description of a spirit doctor manifesting into physical form and healing people. I also appreciated how James wrote in detail about how the reader can improve his or her own level of psychic development. James also devotes an entire chapter to answering questions he frequently is asked about topics such as past lives and improving psychic abilities. An interesting and enlightening book, especially for those who enjoy watching James' television show!

5.0 out of 5 stars His Best Work So Far, Sept. 29 2002
By A Customer
I've read three of Van Praagh's works and liked this most. His stories about readings in previous books are, of course, fascinating, but I was glad to see him branch out a bit in this book. In it, along with the readings, he divulges stories from his own past (there's nothing more fascinating than knowing about the mediums themselves); he tells of paranormal incidents that have happened around him over the years, and gives practical advice as to how we can all develop our psychic sensibilities. Throughout, Van Praagh hints at a paradigmatic framework by which we may try to live a more spiritually aware existence.
I found the content of the book from first page to last very interesting and informative, and refer to it often. Van Praagh's warm and intelligent style of writing has made this a favourite book of mine on the subject of psychic development and the afterlife. I hope he'll publish another book soon.

Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection by James Van Praagh (Mass Market Paperback - Nov. 1 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01