5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Restaurant Favorites and They Taste Great Too!!!
Published on April 20 2003 by Daniel F. Moore

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, not the worst
I will admit my expectations were a bit too high with this cookbook, and while the recipes are good, and easy to follow, they are not restaurant quality or even a close second. I would not recommend this book on a whole. I have several WW books, and I prefer those over this. There isn't enough variety in the recipes per section either (Italian, Chinese, etc)
Published 5 months ago by Chantalle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Restaurant Favorites and They Taste Great Too!!!, April 20 2003
Daniel F. Moore (Yarmouth, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers Take-Out Tonight!: 150+ Restaurant Favorites to Make at Home--All Recipes With POINTS Value of 8 or Less (Paperback)
This may be the best book published under the Weight Watchers' umbrella. It is a wonderful collection of favorite recipes from eight culinary genres. Chinese, Mexican, Indian, Thai, Italian, Greek, Japanese and Deli cuisine is featured. I love food (that's my problem) and delights such as General Tso's Chicken, Chicken Saltimbocca, Spanakopita, Shrimp Pad Thai and Moo Goo Gai Pan are now healthy, tasty and guiltless. You will not believe that these recipes are all 8 points or less. What is even more remarkable is that the family or guests will not suspect that these recipes came from Weight Watchers. This is a great leap forward for Weight Watchers as it makes the most popular restaurant meals not only available in your home, but healthy and delicious.
The book, unlike some earlier Weight Watchers' cookbooks, is very well laid out. The chapters are color coded and the index is arranged by cooking cuisine, with the recipes listed alphabetically. There are many beautiful illustrations as well. Many of the recipes come with a box called Clever Cook's Tips that give the user some useful suggestions, techniques and recipe substitutions.
You don't have to be a Weight Watchers' client to appreciate this book. The recipes are just good, dieting or not! Buy this one...you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, not the worst, Jan. 30 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack of creativity..., Sept. 9 2013
This book is perfect for beginners or people who dont like cooking. It's easy and you can find all the ingredients at the supermarket, but i was'nt amaze by the recipes...

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to do and good recipes., Feb. 10 2013
a lot of meal of different countries, a lot of meal like at the restaurant, good recipes for a weight loss program, easy to do

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great book!, Nov. 11 2012
I really love eating out; Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, Greek - I love it all! So I love this cookbook. The recipes are fairly easy to make, they are healthy and best of all, they are delicious! Each category has a good assortment of recipes, from soups to appetizers to main courses, that also have a variety of flavours. Altogether great book, I've used it lots since I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing recipe book :-), June 27 2012
Anna (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is worth to have especially if you like restaurant food. It is easy to follow and the food taste great. I really recommend this book I tried several recipes and they are good... I find this recipe book worth the price a great investment especially if you like to cook and try new recipes :-) I REALLY RECOMMEND IT :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cookbook!!!, Jan. 7 2011
This is a terrific cookbook. We have tried 5 recipes and they have all been great. 150 recipes and all of them under 8 points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Cookbook, Dec 28 2010
S. Fliss (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
I've made the Wonton soup from this book 3 times already and it was gobbled down quite quickly each time.
Excellent selection of recipes to make at home that taste good and are low fat. No point in going out for unhealthy and expensive food when you can make it yourself at home and tastes great.
This is my favourite recipe book of all time for weight watchers. I borrowed it from a friend before, and then had to buy it for myself too.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay book....but there are better ones out there, Nov. 29 2010
This cookbook was okay. It provides sections such as chinese, indian, italian, etc. If you really want to make healthier versions of these foods this book is good. I like when there are pictures of all recipes which there was for the most part.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll wear this one out with use!, July 2 2004
"kreeves1754" (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I've tried more than half of the recipes in this cookbook and enjoyed every one of them. Taste and variety are as important to me as calories and 'points' and this cookbook doesn't disappoint. For those of you with a spouse who isn't 'diet' conscious, you know how difficult it is to serve meals that please both palates. I can assure you that this cookbook will do the trick...for the first time in many dieting attempts, I feel satisfied by my meals and my husband doesn't feel like he's also on a diet!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›