Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

The Favored Child: A Novel
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$15.61+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on September 7, 2005
I am pleased that I read "The Queen's Fool" and "The Other Boleyn Girl" which both daughters have since enjoyed. Indeed, this wonderful reading experience enticed me to purchase and read the rest of Gregory's works .
"Favoured Child" and the rest of the trilogy is the first time in my life, I have not finished a book and also the first time I have returned a book ( actually the entire trilogy). I just could not get past the first few chapters in any of them and found myself "skimming" just to get it over with.
The characters and plot are such a farce it is extremely difficult to get "lost in". Both, appear as though they are intended only to titillate or shock.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 26, 2004
I can only say after reading these books that I am glad that I read "The Queen's Fool" and "The Other Bolyn Girl" first. If I hadn't, nothing could have inspired me to pick up another of this author's books. This book was marginally more enjoyable than its predecessor, "Wideacre."
Although they are beautifully written, the characters are thoroughly unlikable and unbelievable. The story lines are trite and predictable. In this trilogy, the author has seemed to forget the tales' integrity and instead gone for shock value. Most of the characters in these books just need to be slapped or put out of their misery.
If you like drama-queen stories intended to shock, I would suggest reading any book by V.C. Andrews rather than this trilogy. At least most of the characters in the V.C. Andrews books cannot do anything to improve their situations merely by standing up and being human.
I have always said that no book read is a waste of time. I am sad to say I was wrong. These books have wasted valuable time that I could have spent on something more worthwhile.
I would recommend to ANY reader two other books by this author, and those would be the aforementioned "The Queen's Fool" and "The Other Boleyn Girl." Both are great reads and worth 5 stars--more if it were possible to rate them that highly.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again