5.0 out of 5 stars Be Covered in Poo or Be Prepared
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and refer to it often. I'm a first time Dad and both Mom and I find this manual helpful, especially the short and concise sections.

Published on Oct. 29 2008 by Millar Todd

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat lacking, but has some great tips and ideas
Bought this for my husband and we read the whole thing cover to cover. It's not all bad, but I would only give it 2 stars.

First, the good:
Amazing ideas, easy to read, and sometimes pretty funny without being overly cheesy or lame.

Some ideas include a list of stellar excuses to keep those "difficult" relatives and friends from holding the baby...
Published on April 10 2012 by Jen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Covered in Poo or Be Prepared, Oct. 29 2008
Millar Todd "Glenn Simon Inc." (Edmonton, Alberta and Utsunomiya, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)

We have a detailed Penelope Leach book that we refer to for 'heavy' reading covering more in depth issues and the psychology of child rearing, but Be Prepared has been a far more valuable day-to-day reference.

What you'll get:

*A well organized, insightful, easy to use manual on basic baby care

*Covers the newborn up to 12 months including feeding, changing, pets, toys, travel, camping and parental relationships (sexy time)

*Useful facts and techniques that you can instantly apply to help understand and soothe your baby

*Humour and cool art- the authors actually went to the trouble to make this book both informative and a fun journey to read and remember

An especially good book for Dad. Its the kind of gift I would have loved to receive as an expecting Father.

Todd Millar

5.0 out of 5 stars Nanny Learnt Something, Feb. 9 2008
Kim (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I bought this for my spouse and didn't think it would be much use for me since I've much experience babysitting and was even a nanny for a time. It was a great refresher and surprised me with things I didn't know. The writing style is excellent, making it difficult to put down and I was surprised at how un-corny it was. The cover is deceiving, thankfully. For more of a taste of the contents of the book the companion website is: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, Jan. 24 2007
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
My partner and I are expecting our first child this summer and this book made us both feel even more excited about that prospect! This is the only book we have read so far, which uses humour in a clever adult way. All of our other books only offer condescending tips to fathers, such as "clean up after yourself without being asked". There is none of that nonsense in this very hip book. The illustrations are also charming and sweet, making this an all around pleasure to read. Bravo Gary Greenberg, bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Recommend This Excellent Book, June 19 2004
Brent (Marin County, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
Gary Greenberg and Jeannie Hayden have written a parenting book that is both highly informative and really funny. As a father-to-be (5 months and counting), "Be Prepared" has become my constant companion. Three words for anyone in need of solid parenting advice: Buy This Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Brother Loves It - Great Shower Gift for Him!, June 18 2004
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I was so excited to give this book to my brother on the occasion of his wife's baby shower (why should he be left out of the fun!) He has since let me know that he has learned much and laughed often while reading his new baby guide. He also thinks the look of the book is cool - retro boy scout-style illustrations teamed with witty, practical information. My sister-in-law likes it, too! She loves that it gets him prepared not only for the baby, but also for the changes she's going through. Thanks for helping the Auntie-to-be and my family!

5.0 out of 5 stars you don't have to be a new dad to read this book, June 15 2004
Holley Flagg (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
how about a new grandparent?- Actually it works for any caregiver. And serves as a refresher for those who raised kids long ago. I read it before I gave it to my son on the occasion of new-dadhood. So many child care books are serious and a bit scary but this is so much fun! -as well as enlightening on many baby care specifics. Just what a new parent (or grandparent) needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, truthful, and very funny., June 7 2004
Jonathan Feinberg (Medford, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I could come up with many great things to say about this book, but I don't want to distract you from the main message, which is this: buy the book. If you are a new-dad-to-be, just buy the book.
"Be Prepared" is very, very funny without being "jokey" or overly familiar in tone; the humor comes from truth born of experience. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, just be sure to independently verify some tips, Jan. 27 2014
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
Love this book - super easy to read, very quick to reference, and full of awesome tips.

However, some of the tips - specifically the "co-sleeping" tips - should be validated/verified before you put them into practice. The co-sleeping tip goes against our local health authority's recommendation, and as a result could increase the risk of SIDS.

Generally, though, an amazing reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good intro for new dads, Nov. 13 2013
Omar (Toronto, On, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
I enjoyed the book's organization and simple explanations of the basics. Helps reduce the anxiety around being a new father.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared book for men., Oct. 27 2013
This review is from: Be Prepared (Paperback)
My husnabd and I love the book because it is simple. It have a lot of picture and sens of humour. Great tips. It is a really good book for new father. I highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xad3f2a98)

Be Prepared
Be Prepared by Jeannie Hayden (Paperback - June 1 2004)
CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71