summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

on February 22, 2016
So far so good. Personality ethic Vs character ethic is an interesting concept
on June 24, 2003
Great look into the minds of those of us who excel despite the trade or profession. Now if I can just follow some of it. :)
on April 2, 1998
the book was very powerful and meaningful it made every thing seem more clear
on June 16, 2001
Hey, if a Big Mac can be considered a great meal, I guess it's not a stretch to consider that some people might consider this a good book. However, I do not share any of these two propensities. I really don't have time to waste in reiterating some of the excellent critiques of this babble...pardon me, "book," I shall only remark that perhaps this book might find some usefulness to prop up an uneven desk leg or perhaps a window with a defective tension mechanism. Now that does involve a bit of creativity, and since "creativity" (in the author's absurdly simplistic and reductionst sense) is a significant aspect of being highly effective, low and behold, perhaps the book did have some merit.
on June 24, 2016
I have not time to listen to the cds yet but I like to improve in my habits
on February 15, 2001
Duh - If you haven't read this by now - gimmie a break.- DaveDavidson.com
on March 7, 2002
There's really no point in writing a lengthy review about a book as naff as this. So here, instead, are two snippets which seem to me to sum up the whole spirit and content of this SERIOUSLY OVER-RATED book:
On pages 86-88 we are told that we must all be proactive, because being proactive is better than anything. Particularly if your boss is an ignorant tyrant - in which case you should proactively start sucking up to him before anyone else gets in as No. 1 "yes" man.
You should also learn to practise emotional blackmail wherever you can. Treat other people nicely, so that they always "owe you one", especially your friends and relations (Covey calls this creating an "emotional bank account"!) (pp.188-202).
So, if that's your idea of how a "successful" person would behave, then this may be the book for you.
If you're aiming for something with rather more integrity, however, then I'd recommend that you avoid this book like the plague.
on August 6, 2014
Excellent version of the book. A must read for all young professionals.
on January 16, 2002
There are better books than this. This is preachy, extremely wordy and a boring read. The ideas got me interested initially but I got sick of the few good ideas that this looooong book is based on, being repeated, again and again. Covey treats the reader like a simpleton. Started skimming the book at chapter 3 onwards - as other reviewers have suggested it may be worth borrowing from the library but don't waste money on a copy.
Many people have raved about the book - I wonder how many have actually gained any long term benefits from it? Oh well, can't really blame the Covey PR machine for cashing in on people's gullibility.
on July 6, 2014
Excellent book with GREAT advice for life. Recommended for everyone!