4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars
I enjoyed this book very much
Published 23 days ago by spanky

3.0 out of 5 stars Ho hum Kaboom!
If you need pure escape into super spy land with plenty of near escapes, explosions and a hero who knows all and can do no wrong, this isn't a bad pick up for afternoon read.
Published on Oct. 15 2003 by A Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 6 2014
I enjoyed this book very much

3.0 out of 5 stars Ho hum Kaboom!, Oct. 15 2003
A Customer (Minnetonka, mn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Path of the Assassin (Mass Market Paperback)
Mister Thor has done his research regarding the topic (although, I have some trouble believing Abu Nidal had a son no one knew about). He has a firm grasp on units and organization. However, this was a novel that reminded me of those martial arts films where people perform impossible leaps and jumps. His hero Scot Harvath seems capable of any feat - he has no weaknesses - and that isn't real.
When the main character stretches believability past the breaking point, then the entire story suffers. This would have been a better book if the hero was a little more human like the rest of us mortals.

2.0 out of 5 stars Path of the egotist, July 19 2003
J. J Kamlani "jotuj" (Fairfield, Connecticut United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Path of the Assassin (Mass Market Paperback)
Though the book moves at a pretty good clip, that's about all I can say that's positive about it. It was poorly written(probably a first draught. And the only one who seemed to know what he was doing in this whole story was the Hero-Secret Service Agent Scott Harvath. Everyone else is made out to look like total incompetents. The Author's ego shines through on this one.
First Scott sites the villain in this story in Macau, during an arrest gone bad, as well as on three later occasions, but he needs a PR person who has no military experience, who foiled a hijacking while he was trying to rape her, to ID the bad guy-son of Abu Nidal. Then he trains her to become this superAgent in two weeks time at a secret military training camp?
I don't buy it...

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick easy and fun read, March 1 2004
Larry (Tampa, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Path of the Assassin (Mass Market Paperback)
Scot Harvath, ex-navy SEAL and current Secret Service agent, is seeking the head of a terrorist organization, the one responsible for the kidnapping of the President in the last book. He finds himself up against Hashim Nidal, son of the dead terrorist Abu Nidal. The son, apparently a highly skilled operative and assassin, is involved in a plot to threaten both Israel and the US. It is up to Scot to follow, capture and kill this terrorist before he can bring his plan into reality. The chase takes him all over the world.
Brad Thor in his second endeavor shows he has what it takes to write the penultimate international thriller. The military trained larger than life hero, a love interest, the history of the free world at stake, exotic settings well described, and the latest military gadgets. It is all great fun. This is a quick easy read and one that doesn't require too many brain cells. It is perfect for the upcoming summer months.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Path is a Wild and Wooly Ride, May 12 2003
John R. Linnell (New Gloucester, ME United States) - See all my reviews
As the Lions of Lucerne, Thor's first novel, concludes the reader is clear that there is much unfinished business ahead. That is what this book is all about. Bringing those that need to be brought to justice to that end, one way or another.
As the story continues, there are attacks in the Middle East on Moslem places of worship for which an extremist group called The Hand of God takes the credit. While these attacks move the Arab countries closer to war with Isreal, it is clear to some that a shadowy figure by the name of Hashim Nidal is the one behind the attacks. Hashim is the son of Abu Nidal and is also one of the masterminds of the kidnapping of the President of the United States and the slaughter of almost all of his Secret Service protection. One problem for those trying to track him down is that no one knows what he looks like other than he has "silver" eyes. Scott Harvath, the lone SS Agent to survive the attack has looked into those eyes and nearly failed to live to tell the story. Others are not so fortunate. Fans of the CIA will not be happy with the pattern of ineptitude that is painted concerning their part of the undertaking, but every hero must have his hurdles to overcome and the CIA is clearly one of them for Harvath. The story moves around various parts of the world as the cycle of violence grows and the danger of all out war in the Middle East builds. This has all of the bells and whistles of the first book with some new and interesting characters and the liklihood that the whole story has still not been told. That is very good news for Thor fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 30 2003
By A Customer
My daughter and I were disappointed in this second book. We loved the first one. This became me,me,me-- I can't explain the differnce. We are obviously in the minority so far. I hope that the third book is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could Not Put It Down!, Feb. 27 2003
Beth Z (Gaithersburg, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I absolutely loved Thor's first book, and hoped that he would pen a sequel. My wish came true--Path of the Assassin again features Scot Harvath, whose adventures start on the first page and never stop! The female counterpart in this book was also quite impressive--she overcame her vulnerabilities to be a heroine in her own right. If you like exciting, non-stop action, this is your book!

1.0 out of 5 stars Five hours of my life I can never get back., Feb. 26 2003
By A Customer
First let me say that I did not pay for this book. I had an advance readers copy so I cannot be angry about spending money for this book. This book was horrible. I found the characters, the situations and the dialogue to be unbelievable. If these people were in charge of the war on terrorism then we all better reserve a copy of the Koran and get ready to praise Allah. There were times when I actually laughed out loud and then had to reread passages to be certain about what I had read. Unfortunately my reread was no better. I actually took to highlighting passages so that I could laugh at them sometime in the future. This was a "James Bond" character with no style. Austin Powers and Dr. Evil would have been welcome additions to the plot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Thriller, Feb. 26 2003
By A Customer
This is Mr. Thor's second novel and it's a breakneck ride from the first sentence to the last period. I was exhausted by the time I reached the last page. I thoroughly enjoyed his "The Lions of Lucerne" and pre-ordered "Path of the Assassin". Mr. Thor's second novel, while still good, is not as good as "Lions". Hopefully, Mr. Thor's next installment in the life of hero, Scot Harvath, will have a little more plot and a lot less testosterone. There was a little too much verbage about how much smarter, tougher, and more heroic Mr. Havath was than anyone else in government service (this is what stopped me from giving four stars). We accept this; just get on with the story.
This is still a good thriller -- and it's one thrill after another. The story line was right on and liked the twists and turns. Also liked the heroine and the fact she can keep up with Mr. Havath; hope to see more of her. Looking forward to the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, Feb. 6 2003
By A Customer
This is just a flat-out good book. Better then the first. I would recommend it to everyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Path of the Assassin
Path of the Assassin by Brad Thor (Mass Market Paperback - 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01