5.0 out of 5 stars Jam-packed with Trivia for the Serious Wingnut
I thumbed through this book in a bookstore and by the time I got home, I realized I had to own it and I was online ordering my own copy. This book is more than just a rehash of the first two seasons. We are treated to a real behind-the-scenes tour of what goes into filming the show. Talk about your West Wing trivia!
The asides from the actors on the characters they...
Published on July 6 2003 by Janefpl

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing once over lightly.
As a WW fan I waited expectantly for what I had thought was a more in depth retelling of my favourite episodes. Instead this rather glossy overdone manuscript runs through the synopsis of each episode with the same brevity which can be found on any West Wing website, and there are a few. The insider narrations of each of the main characters and the actors who portray them...
Published on July 16 2002 by masonx

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Dec 27 2002
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
This book is fantastic! It is beautifully set out and it has really clear pictures of the cast and the sets. I especially love the quotes that it has on each page from either the cast or crew. You learn a lot! It's also cool how they have a description of each episode intertwined with the best quotes. Really well done - I definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for an excellant program, Feb. 25 2003
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
This inside look at my favorite program gives a background to the characters, the storylines, and other information. A must have for all "Wingnuts" as we're called. It is particularly good for the background on the departing Sam Seaborn played of course by Rob Lowe. Hopefully, there will be a second book covering the next season.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any West Wing fan, Jan. 27 2002
Jenna (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
What an amazing book! Compared to the other West Wing book I have, which was poorly done, this incredible anthology has great information on every episode plus commentations, for the first two seasons. Not to mention a tour of the West Wing and character biographies. This book is one I could not put down and you won't be able to either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Bartlett Be Bartlett, March 17 2002
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
This is the ultimate fan guide to the first two seasons of The West Wing! Glossy pages, detailed episode guide, character and actor biographies and a spotlight on meaningful quotes and exchanges. Television does not get better than The West Wing and this book actually does it justice -- purchase today!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Wing Nuts!, April 16 2002
Lee Kefauver (Buzzards Bay, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
Gives a fine overview of the first two seasons of one of the best television programs ever, along with cast bios, photos, and comments. A reminder of favorite episodes or an update of ones missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT IS WELL WRITTEN, Jan. 22 2002
THIS BOOK IS WORTH THE PRICE!! IT IS VERY INTERESTING
AND HAS GREAT PICTURES!!! I LOVE THE SHOW VERY MUCH.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first two years of West Wing, Aug. 28 2011
David Fraser "Papa Bear" (Perth, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
This book is a wonderful look back on the first two years of a most interesting and enjoyable series.

We bought the complete series of the seven years of West Wing on DVD and over the past 4 years, have watched it NINE TIMES !

I am sure that over the next few years we will read this book before we watch the series again and again.

Truly a wonderful find. Thank you Amazon and Awesome Books for your assistance in finding this treasure for our library.

Sincerely, Bunny and David Fraser

3.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable, historically evocative setting., Jan. 4 2008
M. J. Fenn (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The West Wing: The Official Companion (Paperback)
This book, as the official companion to the TV series, has a remarkable, historically evocative setting.

That being said, I keep being made aware of the liberal-tinted glasses through which issues and personalities are seen, and, indeed, created, because this is, after all, fiction.

This creation is a 'what you see is what you get' affair: much to commend it, but you know where it is coming from.

The West Wing: The Official Companion
The West Wing: The Official Companion by Warner Bros. (Paperback - Jan. 8 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.00