5.0 out of 5 stars a loving scoundrel
I am a huge fan of Johanna Lindsey. I have a collection of her books. the Malory family is quite my favorite. Now I'm reading "Man of My dreams" which I read about 10 or 15 times. Its the same with all her books.
Published 12 months ago by sharon aamot

3.0 out of 5 stars The Malory clan continues
Published on July 8 2004 by kookie660

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a loving scoundrel, April 18 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Malorys are at it again!!, May 6 2004
Kristal Gorman (Buffalo, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
This was such a wonderful book!! Johanna Lindsey pulls out all the stops with the story of Jeremy, James Malory's(Gentle Rogue), rogue son. Jeremy is such a great addition to this line of men. Such an Alpha male!! He is so protective of Danny and it is so funny to watch him get jealous and go through all the emotions that all men in love go through even though he didnt want to admit it!!! It was so wonderful in the end with Danny finding out who she really is! This book is so good, as soon as I finished it, I wanted to read it again!!!! Anyone who reads this book wont forget it!!! i will be adding it to my keeper shelf along with the rest of the Malory stories!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Loving Scoundrel, Jan. 30 2005
Trish (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
As with all of the other Malory books, this was a great story. It did not have as much suspense as I would have thought, but the way they have the men fall for their women regardless of social status is great. It also shows how he has grown into a fantastic man throughout all of her novels before hand. I must admit that "Say you love me" is one of my favorites. Now all we need is to some more books on the Andersons. Drew would be the perfect one to right about. Hope to see it soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, July 14 2004
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
I have been waiting forever, like many other Malory family fans for Jeremy Malory's story. I was so surprised, and delighted to have stumbled upon it a few weeks ago. I read many of the reviews and was a little disappointed because though most liked it, most had something negative to say about it. I thought that it was great. I thought it was funny, very sexy, and I highly recommend it. I thought that Danny was the perfect match for the charming Jeremy. And it was great how Mrs. Lindsey revisited the history of the Malory family, and most of its members to give new readers a taste but not too much to cause boredom for the old. Yet to be a little hypocritical, I do wish that it had contained more love scenes, instead of glossing over most. There have been some comments about Jeremy taking advantage of the fact that Danny was drunk. It's a historical romance novel. The female lead is usually seduced during some state of vulnerability or extreme circumstance to justify their fall from virginal grace and show their difference from the females of loose morals. If it had been a modern romance novel then I agree it would have been a little inappropriate but in a age where teenage girls have a season to search out a husband and are expect to do nothing but shop and beautify themselves all day, I think the seduction should be view in a different light. In the end, I thought the book was great and I give it two thumbs, with my sincerest thank you to Mrs. Lindsey.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Malory clan continues, July 8 2004
"kookie660" (Edmeston, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
I had fallen in love with the Malory clan from the beginning (Love Only Once)and loved each and every book that came out. When Jeremey's story came out, I was so excited. I fell for him when we met him and laughed as he grew in the following stories. I was a little disappointed with his story. This story could have been more for another Malory (one of Eddie's boys) then for Jeremey. However, I am glad that he finally found love. I wish we saw more of his family epescially James and Tony. They were always there for the others it only seem to make since that James would have been around to help his son through his time of love. I do hope that Lindsey continues on with more of the Malory clan. This family is the most loving and the funniest family I have ever met.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Wonderful Malory Tale, July 1 2004
Judy "book reader" (Cincinnati, ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
A Loving Scoundrel by Johanna Lindsey is another marvelous Malory novel.
Jeremy Malory sets up a trap to catch a thief. He needs this thief to help a friend retrieve jewels lost in a fixed card game. He gets more then he bargained for when he enlists Danny in his scheme.
Danny had no memory of her life before she joined the street gang at the age of 5. She had disguised herself as a boy to fit in. By helping Jeremy she is kicked out of her gang. Danny figures Jeremy owes her. So, she strikes a bargain with him. Danny will work as his upstairs maid if he will help her refine herself.
What comes to pass is a battle of wills. Jeremy to bed her and Danny to stay out of his bed.
When trouble from her past comes to harm Danny, Jeremy will do anything to protect her.
This is a wonderful continuation of the Malory clan, the witty conversations, smoldering passions and the interfering family.
You can not go wrong with a Johanna Lindsey novel.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrifying, June 24 2004
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
I could not believe this book. First Jeremy had absolutely no charm whatsoever. He relied solely on his looks and he was just as bad as Emily in this book by doing whatever he deemed nevessary to get what he wanted. The heroine even though she wanted him had morals and since she wouldn't give into him he deliberately waited unti she was drunk to sleep with her which in my book is the same thing as date rape. I expected so much more from Lindsey but after reading this and A Man to Call My Own too I'm taking her off my list. I just could not believe that the 'hero' would resort to date rape to get Danny to sleep with him. This book was flat and nothing up the Lindsey's usally caliber. The only good parts in the book are when James and Anthony are sparing which unfortunately isn't very often.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Entertaining, Easy Read...Wonderful!, June 23 2004
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
The book takes you to a really fun experience. Some readers found it a little disappointing, but the novel was a standard Ms. Lindsey rendition, that quite satisfies the audience.

3.0 out of 5 stars kinda plain compared to the rest, June 23 2004
sgpcdog (Singapore, Southeast Asia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
this is the fifth malory novel which i've finished so far. kinda a bit disappointed on the story line compared to 'say you love me' and 'gentle rogue'.
indeed i'm totally agreed on a few comments which been posted by other readers which mentioned there's not much 'life' in the characters of this book. pretty boring and lack of excitment in the story when compared to 'gentle rogue' which provides 'colors' for both James and Georgina.
overall this book still consider alright for some 'light reading' to kill times, but not that fantastic that will make you to complete the whole book within a day.

3.0 out of 5 stars What can I Say?, June 17 2004
This review is from: A Loving Scoundrel (Hardcover)
I love all the Malory's really. Jeremy was my favorite for along time but I felt let down in this one. He was... I don't know, lacking I guess would be a good way to put it.He seemed to stereotypical. Nothing much to him slightly two-dimensional. He didn't seem to be as much as a scroundel as every one said he was, Tony and James were worse than him and well, if it hadn't been for the additional Malory's in the story I don't think I would have liked this book that much.
I did like Danny, though. She was fine but it did seem a bit impossibble for her to go form a maid to a debutante with in 48 hrs. Not realistic, in my opinion.
It was a decent book and if you have nothing else to do it's a good read. It is satisfying but not worth the twenty I paid for it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb3c25df8)

A Loving Scoundrel
A Loving Scoundrel by Johanna Lindsey (Hardcover - April 27 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01