4.0 out of 5 stars GReat read..... hate the ending......lolxx.........
Published on March 15 2004 by silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Ever wished you could change history?
This is a great book in all its detail and imagination. I can say this is one of the first romances I have read that was not predictable - I truly did not know how this one would end. Nicholas and Dougless truly have a spiritual and soulful "connection" that spans time and cultures. I just didn't feel emotionally wrapped up in this story, however. I don't...
Published on April 15 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars GReat read..... hate the ending......lolxx........., March 15 2004
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
u have to say that this is a very fantastic book... it all began when nic came to the 21st century when he heard doug's calling.... they fall in love and he went back but to see him once again doug went to the 16th century.... after that she came back and was sad and met a man liek nic....... i suppose i must be those who liek happy....well really really happy ending and her meeting another guy instead with no further development just seem to incomplete to me.... but overall this is a great book... definately one to keep and spend the afternoon with

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change you., Feb. 20 2013
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
What can I say about Knight in shining armor, other than the fact that why did all that change in the modern world? Jude always feeds my hope that there are still real knights out there.

This book has taken me to another level, it wasn't only love and passion, it was time travel, sadness and despair, anger, heart-wrenching, uplifting, depressing, beautiful, adventurous, exciting, intense, exquisite....I'd like to add many many more adjectives/nouns but I'll leave it at that. Let me cut it short, you will feel every emotion the characters are feeling! I don't even know how that is possible but it is with this book.

Medieval times and the modern world crash together in beautiful harmony, this book will move you..Buy it, read it,I guarantee you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a knight in shinning armor, Dec 10 2012
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
i love all her books,,,been searching for this title for many years and after reading it all in 1 night,,,it was worth the wait...her writing is so precise that when you close your eyes your imagination works overtime.
it was a book so worth reading,

4.0 out of 5 stars Time travel, April 9 2012
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoyed the book overall. Her going back in time and him not remembering her was a little long. The ending was so corny but satisfying at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Page Turner., July 8 2004
MaryGrace Meloche (Ontario, Canada.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
The beginning of this story is terrific. Of course, every woman's fantasy is to have a knight in shining armor, so the story's idea is beautiful. The setup read is quick, heavenly, humorous, and fun! Then the author makes a fumble.
Dougless Montgomery is a modern day woman, but a weak individual. She allows people to walk all over her. She is trying to hold onto a wretched man - a wretched man with a wretched daughter. In a rare moment of strength Dougless disagrees with the obnoxious daughter. The result - Dougless is left behind -- stranded in the English countryside. Heartbroken Dougless breaks down in tears and cries out for a knight in shining armor - presto, Nicholas Stafford, a knight from the sixteenth century appears.
Now Deveraux has great fun with her reader. We explore the twentieth century with Nicholas. Dougless may be a reluctant guide but she is hooked -- hooked on this adorable, handsome man. Of course, Nicholas and Dougless fall deeply in love - a love that has dire consequences. These consequences force our lovers back to the sixteenth century.
Now the reader explores Tudor England with the twosome; however, this exploration is not nearly as amusing. Nicholas Stafford does not remember their initial attraction and the couple is forced to begin anew. The results? The reading becomes long. Nicholas' denial grows tiresome. When our duo again finds love, Deveraux also takes control. The author now writes some of most romantic words I have ever read -- sigh! Yet this is not a happily-ever-after story. Dougless and Nicholas do not remain together. Deveraux chooses another romance path? Nicholas dies in the sixteenth century and Dougless returns to her time. Still Deveraux does manage to convince her reader -- every woman needs a knight in shining armor!
This review is based on the rewrite of the original book published in 1989.
Rewrite Publish date: December 2002.
Grace Atkinson, Ontario - Canada.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best., June 8 2004
char1077 (Petoskey, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
A few years ago my friend started describing "the best romance novel she'd ever read" to me. About the time she got to the girl bathing in a fountain, I tuned out. However, a few weeks after that I was at a used bookstore and lo and behold, it was sitting there right at eye-level, beckoning me. I reluctantly bought it and stayed up the entire night finishing it. I love this book and now own the original paperback as well as the revised hardback. I re-read it at least once a year and it never turns sappy on me, like most in the romance genre do. The characters are lovable and have a certain depth about them. The fact that the ending isn't predictable is a big selling point and anyone thinking of delving into a little romance this summer (or winter, depending on where you are) this is a wonderful starting point. It got me hooked and I display it proudly on my bookshelf. Be warned that there are some rather intense sex scenes so if that makes you uncomfortable, you might want to avoid this for something a bit milder. This isn't a trashy book and there is an actual STORY. I love this book and you will too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Bad Book Alert, March 5 2011
Chantal C (Toronto, ON CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
Knight in Shining Armor was my first Jude Deveraux novel. After completing it, I find myself hesitant to ever pick up another novel of hers.

I don't understand the hype surrounding this book. It's plain old bad. It's a poorly written romance filled with cringe-worthy plot holes. The main character Douglas is so incredibly insecure and needy, it's often sickening. And even that could be forgiven if she had some sort of chemistry with Nicholas, but it's just not there.

Also, Nicholas, whose supposed to be a knight in shining armor, is a poor excuse for a man. He's constantly fooling around with other women! And Douglas is constantly chasing him, practically begging him to love her.

Not to mention halfway through the book something happens and the whole story starts over again.

In short, I don't recommend this book at all. It's a headache. It's a door stopper. It's fire wood. But it's not literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars a romance novel you'll want to read over and over!, April 25 2009
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
The best book of Jude Deveraux...so far, this and the Velvet Promise are the only two books that made me feel satisfied in the end. The ending wasn't abrupt, the characters were simply perfect...and it was funny the way the hero kept noticing the inventions of the 21st century...i would recommend this to anyone who wants to read a good romance novel....I also liked that in the end, it wasn't nicholas, but reed who got dougless, though he appeared just at the last two pages or so...it was so romantic that he especially got reincarnated for her... =)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, June 14 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this book years ago and again recently. The concept is so romantic.
If you like books about romance and time travel also check out
"The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, June 7 2004
This review is from: A Knight in Shining Armor (Mass Market Paperback)
I was able to read it straight through.
I used my bookmark once, ONCE. It was
strange to me while reading that I was
so into it -- I don't usually like time
travels, let alone when so much of it
takes place in modern time (England).
There was simply no good stopping place in
the first half of the book. Later I could
put it down when the knight's personality
changed (trying not to give anything away).
Just make sure you don't have any appointments
lined up before you open this one !!

A Knight in Shining Armor
A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 1 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01